FIFTEEN , a cruel world

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
a cruel world

THE WORLD IS CRUEL, CRUEL TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T DESERVE IT. 

Maybe Alchemy deserves it, maybe she deserves the everlasting pain of the loss of her loved ones, of the trauma that always hangs over her shoulder, controlling her life always making her a puppet, of the blood that constantly drips from her hands, from every part of her body that reminds her of the innocent lives she took. 

Pietro was an innocent life. 

He'd never done anything bad, he was a good kid all he wanted to do was serve and protect. That's all he ever wanted to do. Alchemy forced him into the program, she forced him into HYDRA, and then she abandoned them when they were set free with these powers. Of course they turned to Ultron, he must've promised them their desires and then the man who took them in, he went ahead and killed Pietro. Ultron takes innocent lives, so did Alchemy. They're both monsters, needed to be rid of the world. 

But the difference is, Alchemy didn't have a choice, Ultron did. 

It's weird, being on the balance of life and just waiting for someone to tip you in the wrong way and the scales will tip either the way in your favour or not. And to live in a world where violence always seemed to be everyone's problem and choice, it put too many lives at risk. Pietro was one of those lives.

The youngest Maximoff sits beside Pietro, legs criss-crossed beneath her and simply just looking at his lifeless body. The heat and colour had drained from him and all of the Sokovians had been taken from the carrier, it was just them, in the silence. Alchemy doesn't want to move, ever, she just wants to stay here with Pietro and not believe that he's gone. She wants to wait for him to wake up, because he'll wake up, she knows he will. Won't he? 

The Avengers had attempted to talk to her, had attempted to get her to move so they could move Pietro's body but no one could get her to budge. No one dared touch her, it wouldn't be fair to literally drag her away from her brother, that really wouldn't be fair. Alchemy doesn't get the meaning of grief, not really anyway, she understands that for her it comes in harsh waves and takes her out every single time. She was too young to really remember her parents death, although she does remember it, she doesn't know what it was like, not like it was Pietro and Wanda who mourned them for years. But this time, with Pietro, she shouldn't be confused, she should understand. 

He had to do this, he had to save Clint's life, the Childs life. Alchemy should understand but she can't. Why did Pietro leave them? 

Her cheeks are stained with dry tears, the girl already haven cried the entire ocean. Tony and Steve had changed into comfier clothes as the aircraft flies back to America and they were stood talking to one another silently. Alchemy didn't bother listening, she couldn't be bothered with anything. What they really needed, was Wanda, Wanda could understand but the girl refused to speak to Alchemy, she refused to even go near Pietro and Alchemy. It was obvious that Wanda blamed Alchemy, she shouldn't, but she did. The young girl needed someone to comfort her and it was Tony's turn to try.