CHAPTER 1

"I swear to God if one more middle schooler comes to school with us, or even steps close to my car again, I am going to kill you," Helena said as they were walking through the doors of Hawkins high. "I know and I am sorry. But did you see the look on his face? I just couldn't say no to him!" Libby was referring to the little Dustin Henderson, a boy she knew since the day he was born. That morning she saw him walking to school, surprisingly not riding his bike like he always did. She couldn't resist when she saw the little broken face of the boy. When she asked him what was wrong, the boy shrugged it off, saying it's nothing. So she decided not to ask about it again.

      "Ugh, I hate this fucking school soo much," the blonde exclaimed as they neared their lockers that were luckily only a few spaces away from each other. "I know Hel, I hate it too. But you have to remember that in two years on this day, you will be walking in the halls of Harvard University, not Hawkins high," It was Helena's big dream to go to Harvard. She has dreamed of it ever since she was eight and found out what college was. Libby didn't know to what college she would be applying to. She didn't really care. 'As long as I am happy and have my sexy ass' was her life motto. And she didn't need another life motto when this one was completely functioning. 

     "Hey, Ashton! Wait up!" a certain blonde boy screamed. The certain blonde boy was none other than Billy Hargrove himself. "Oh no, here we go again. What do you want, Hargrove?" Libby said as Billy neared her locker. The brunette girl hated Billy. He was mean and bratty. He had to be the biggest asshole she has ever met. The worst thing about this situation was that he clearly found interest in the girl. 

      "You've got band practice after class today or tomorrow?" that was another thing Libby hated. He was able to memories her whole class schedule. She didn't even know where he got it. The only thing he was not able to memories was when she had her band practice.

      "Why do you wanna know?" Billy just shrugged his shoulders, a smirk planting on his face "So I can know if it will interrupt our plans or not." Plans? What plans? She didn't know anything about any plans Billy has made.

      "What the hell are you-" she was interrupted by her best friend, Helena, that was watching the whole exchange from few inches away. "I hate to break your little chat but I and Libby have to get to class. So, fuck off Hargrove." The blonde lightly smiled at her friend as they walked away, leaving a baffled Billy standing next to their lockers.

              °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

      Steve Harrington watched the whole interaction from afar. He focused the disgusted look on the girl's face while talking to Billy, that he didn't even notice his own. And he would be staring for longer if it weren't for the skinny brunette girl called Nancy Wheeler. 

       "Hi. What are you looking at?" Nancy asked, a little confused that he didn't hug her and gave her a kiss like he always did. "Nothing," Steve replied a little too quickly for his own liking. He didn't know why, but being around Nancy started to annoy him in a certain way. It wasn't that Nancy was an annoying person. It was more of a feeling. Like it didn't make sense anymore to be with Nancy. He didn't like kissing and hugging her as much as he used to. Also, her flower-scented perfume stung in his nose more than it did before. He loved Nancy. Or at least that was what he told himself.

      Nancy also had a similar strange feeling. She was slowly realizing that her relationship with Steve wasn't the same as it used to. At first, she just thought that it was because of all the stress from last year. But lately, she started to realize that it might have been something else. She started to notice Steve staring at this one certain girl. A brunette that would always secretly smoke on the girls' toilets. It was quite funny since the girls' best friend was heavily against smoking. She never thought much of it since she didn't even know the girl's name.