CHAPTER 4

TW: THERE IS A WORD THAT MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO LGBTQ+ PEOPLE, SO IF YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE WITH IT, JUST SKIP IT.

"Come on, do we really have to go watch some stupid jocks play basketball?" Helena exclaimed with an expression of pure torment on her face, sounding like the world would end if she stepped even a foot too close to the gym.

"If it were up to me, we would be spending our break differently, but I promised Billy I would come to look at their game. Also, Steve is playing and I need to talk to him." Libby told her best friend, a small grin forming on her face at the mention of the big-haired boy.

Helena gave her friend a questioning look, ready to ask about the Harrington boy, but before she could speak the brunette girl was already opening the doors to the gym.

"Let's sit there," Libby motioned to the bleachers that were not so far away from the playing boys. When the girls sat down, Libby noted that half of the boys weren't wearing shirts. She also noticed that Steve was being, what Helena explained as being humped, circled by Billy, having a hole talked into his head by the said blonde.

It went on like the for a few more minutes until Billy ruffly pushed Steve to the floor, running past him and scoring with a scream of celebration.

"Steve!" could suddenly be heard very loudly in the gym, spoken by the voice of the only girl Libby despised at the moment, Nancy Wheeler. Steve turned around to see his, still not sure if, ex-girlfriend standing behind him, looking pissed. It didn't take Steve long to follow the Wheeler girl after she motioned to the door with her head.

"Oh no, pretty boy is gonna get scolded," Helena said with a sinister smile on her face. "Stop being mean." Her brunette friend told her, looking after the pair as they left the gym. Both girls failed to notice the blond boy who was slowly making his way over to them.

"Well well, who do we have here? You actually came to watch me beat Harrington's ass?" Billy said with a smug smile on his face, enjoying the fact that the girl he desperately wanted to seduce was actually watching him.

"No, I actually came to watch your ass get beaten, but I guess it's not a lucky day for me," Helena said instead, a similar smug smile appearing on her face as the one on Billy's started to slowly disappear. Libby couldn't help but laugh at her best friend's manners, not being afraid to show her emotions.

"Yeah, still don't know who asked for your opinion. Are you free this afternoon?" The boy immediately turned his attention from the blonde to the brunette. "I don't know, depends on if I have to babysit or not," Libby answered the boy's question, any traces of humor that were on her face a few seconds ago now completely gone.

"Okay, just call me later and tell me if you have time, I would like to start our tutoring today," Billy said before walking back to play another game as Steve slowly made his way back with another boy.

"Well, that was awkward."

"Yeah, it was."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The rest of the day went fine, at the end Libby actually met up with Billy and helped him study. He wasn't as smart as she would want him to be, but he wasn't stupid either. The worst thing about the whole thing was Billy's constant flirting and unnecessary touching. The only thing she didn't do was talk to Steve about his drunken self, but she decided to forget about it.