CHAPTER 3

"Stop wiggling so much, you are going to smudge the lipstick!" Libby exclaimed, desperately trying to help her friend put on some makeup. Helena never liked wearing lipstick, it was on her list of most hated things in the world. Along with Billy Hargrove and peppers.

"Okay, okay! You know I hate it." Helena fired back, a frown forming on her face. "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry, I'm just nervous, that's all." Libby said with a small smile that warmed everyone's heart, including Helena, in an instant. "It's alright. There is nothing you have to apologize for."

"When is the dirtbag picking us up?" Helena asked, a disgusted expression forming on her face. God, she hated that man. "He's gonna be here in like twenty minutes," Libby replied with a smile on her face. She may hate Billy, but she cannot thank him enough for taking her with him to the party. "He said he may be a little early, though."

"A little early? What the hell does that-" the blonde was cut off by the sound of the doorbell ringing. "Oh, I guess he's here." The brunette said excitedly, not being able to hold her happiness anymore. "Ohh fuck." Helena muttered under her breath as they made their way down the stairs from her room into the hallway.

When they got down, Libby opened the door with a big smile, waving 'hello'. Billy looked up from the ground that he was starring at, a smirk showing up on his face. "Hey, baby." He said, making The brunette blush lightly. "Well, good evening to you, too. Now I would like to get into your car so you can drive me to a place where I can get piss drunk for free." Helena said, completely breaking any romance that was in the exchange of the other two.

"Alright, get in."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

To say the house was full was an understatement. When they got to the front door, Tammy opened it with a smile on her face that slowly flattered when she saw Libby and Helena standing behind Billy.

"Well, are we gonna stand here all night, or are we actually going to go and have fun?" Helena fired into the awkward silence. "Oh yeah, come in," Tammy replied, letting the three in.

As they got into the house, the first thing that Helena did was dragging her best friend to the punch bowl and filling her a red solo cup with the mysterious liquid.

The girls stood in place, drinking from their cups and chatting, until Billy came and, as Helena said, 'completely ruined the awful taste of alcohol and the disgusting smell of sweaty bodies.'

"Come on, let's go. It will be fun." Billy tried reasoning with Helena after she refused to go watch him become the new 'keg king' of Hawkins high. She tried to take her best friend with her, but before she could do or say anything, the brunette was already being dragged away by Billy.

Around the same time, Nancy and Steve were just standing around, chatting with each other, and were soon, to the surprise of both of them, joined by Helena.

Libby soon found out that kegging wasn't her favorite thing. Actually, she fucking hated it. When Billy got down from his handstand position, he screamed something that Libby didn't focus on, desperately trying to disappear. But sadly, when Billy started to walk inside the house, He walked over to Libby and hanged his arm around her shoulders. When she and Billy with his friends made it inside of the house, they slowly started walking towards Steve, Nancy, and Helena.

Helena was happy to finally see her best friend, her victorian ghost costume popping out, but when she saw the uncomfortable look on her face, she was ready to save her no matter what.