CHAPTER 7

TW: Mention of rape, PTSD. If you, by any chance, have problems with this, skip a certain part of the chapter, I will mark it out so you can enjoy the rest.

           As the shed in the garden got cleared out by Hopper, the five high schoolers were sent to 'decorate' it so Will wouldn't know it's his shed. Helena was walking around with Jonathan, trying to find wrapping paper,  tape, scissors, and other necessities as Steve and Nancy were already in the shed. Libby was making her way over to the small wooden house when she heard the two talk.

                 "Hey," Nancy turned to Steve, "What you did, uhm, helping the kids...that was really cool." Steve felt uncomfortable. The last conversation he had with Nancy was their argument and now he was closed with her in a small shed. Right now, he wanted Libby to be there more than anything. To be able to hold her hand so she could give him the confidence he needed to break things off with Nancy.

                  "Yeah," Steve turned away from the girl slightly. "The little shits are real trouble, you know." Nancy chuckled lightly at his words, going back to what she was doing before. "Believe me, I know." Nancy then sighed, turning to Steve completely. Steve twisted his head, raising his eyebrow at the girl's actions.

                     "Steve, I think we both know that we never made sense. I... I like somebody else and you are clearly in love with Libby. And I really don't want to get in between the two of you, so, this is the final moment of our relationship. Steve Harrington, I am officially breaking up with you." Steve climbed down the ladder he was standing on, looking at Nancy's raised hand. He cleared his throat, raising his own hand and putting it in Nancy's. 

                  "Woah, I-I really don't know what to say. I- Woah. Nancy, you have been my first love. And I do like somebody else. So, I am breaking up with you, Namcy Wheeler." The two shook hands and then embraced. Steve smiled to himself, he will finally be able to tell Libby how he truly feels. Little did he know that she heard the whole conversation from the spot she was hiding at, right next to the door.

                         °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
                  Soon, the shed was head to toe filled with different materials that were found around the house and in the trash. Will got carried inside the shed as the rest waited inside the home. Everybody was a nervous wreck, scared of what the boy will say or even if this whole thing will work. As Helena sat at the table, Libby sat next to her, putting her hand over the blond's pale one.

                  "Why aren't you with Steve?" Hel asked, feeling like she was third-wheeling the whole day together with Dustin.  "Because I wanted to be with my best friend. I am sorry if I made you feel unwanted today, there is just so much happening and I-" 

                "You love him, don't you." Libby got cut off mid-sentence by her friend. "What?"  the brunette said. "You love Steve. Don't think I'm blind, I know you have been sneaking out with him every free period. I also know you smoke." Helena turned her gaze towards Libby.

                 "Hel, I am so so so sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but I was so scared that you would leave me and... and that I am gonna be all alone again." Tears welled up in the brunette's eyes threatening to spill out. "I am not mad. I don't hate Steve as much as you think. He's cool. And don't worry about smoking, we all have something. For the past three years, I've been stealing candy at the supermarket and then giving them to Will. He's my favorite, but don't tell Mike, He thinks I love him the most." 

                  The blonde winked at Libby before getting up and leaving to get herself a cup of water. Libby chuckled at her friend's manners, deciding to look around the house. She found Steve in the living room, swinging his nailed bat back and forth. Before Libby could speak, the lights started flickering. This caused him to start walking to the window, taking Libby's hand and dragging her with him. They were soon met with the worried look of Helena, who was standing by the window with NAncy as Dustin joined them.