ℂ𝕙-𝟜: Emergency!/Hot Chocolate

Previously...

They then heard a public speaker screech as The Conductor spoke. "Next stop... 11344 Edbrooke..."

"We're heading for the right side of the tracks." Motoyasu said.

Braedey and Maria both looked to see a small old house sitting in the snow, the train now slowing down to a stop just nearby. This must be their next pickup.

Braedey opened the window to look out. "I wonder..." He said, Motoyasu going to his seat and opened up his window to look outside as well.

~*~*~

Braedey, Maria, and Motoyasu watched The Conductor stepped out of the train and looked at a young 11-year-old boy. He looked to have short black hair that spikes in all directions, and sharp green eyes. He wore dark green PJs with brown slippers.

The Conductor began talking to the kid while Motoyasu and Braedey watched on. "Meh... It's just another pickup... That's funny, I thought you two were the last ones..." Motoyasu said to Braedey.

Braedey, however, wasn't listening. He was watching the Conductor smile at the kid. "Why to the North Pole, of course!" The Conductor raised his hand and motioned it to the train. "THIS IS THE POLAR EXPRESS!!!" The kid backed up, not wanting to go. The Conductor nodded. "Suit yourself..." The Conductor gets back on and waved his lantern, and the train whistled in response.

The locomotive jerked Braedey back a bit as it began to move. He looked and watched the kid and waved at him when he looked over at him. Then, before the train started to pick up speed, the kid now started to run towards the handrail like Braedey did earlier.

Braedey looked back to the others. "Hey, t-that kid wants to get onboard..." He looked back outside as he saw the kid struggling. "Come on, kid!" He called.

The boy managed to grab the rail but the train was moving faster and fast, Braedey continuing to shout. "Pull yourself on! You can do it!!!" The train was moving too fast for him as the kid couldn't hold on anymore, he let go of the rail and he tripped, face-planting into the snow!

Beaedey gasped and went back into the train, looking at everyone. "We've got to stop the train now!" He said to the other kids.

"How?" Maria asked.

"I don't know how to." Melty shook her head.

Motoyasu pointed to his right. "The emergency brake is right there!"

Braedey now ran up to the brake handle as everyone gripped onto the seats, and he pulled the cord down with both hands hard. The train's brakes slammed on and screeched loudly, the carriages bumping into one another as the locomotive made a very immediate stop. Everyone in the passenger car fortunately didn't fall to the ground due to the force of the stop, but Braedey landed on Maria.

Once the train stopped, Braedey got off of Maria and he helped her up. "You okay?" He asked her.

Maria rubbed her head and nodded. "Y-Yeah... Braedey, look!" She pointed to the door

Braedey turned around looking at the kid who finally got on board. The brunette tried to wave at him but the kid just turned around and heads into the observation car to sit alone. Braedey looked at Maria and she just shrugged her shoulders in response.

Then the kids all heard a sliding door open very violently behind them, showing The Conductor and he was not happy one bit. "WHO in the blazes applied that emergency brake!!??" He demanded.

Motoyasu pointed to Braedey. "He did!"

"You tattletale!" Maria glared at him.

The Conductor looked at Braedey. "You..." He walked over to the brunette as he spoke. "In case you didn't know, that cord is for emergency purposes only!" He goes to the window Braedey was at and waved outside to tell the engineers to get underway. "And in case you weren't aware..." He closed the window and looked at Braedey again. "Tonight is Christmas Eve, and in case you hadn't noticed, this train is on a very tight schedule... now young man, Christmas may not be important to some people... but its very important to the rest of us!!" He pointed to himself for emphasis.

"Sir... I was just-" Braedey struggled to make an answer.

"He was just trying to stop the train so that kid could get onboard, sir!" Melty replied, standing up for Braedey. Maria was rather surprised by this.

The Conductor now looked at the two girls, then over to the door window, seeing the young male sitting at the far end of the observation car. "I see...young man, is that what happened?" He asked to Braedey.

Braedey and Maria nodded together at him. "Yes, sir." The former replied quickly.

The Conductor decided to let it slide as he nodded. "Well then... let me remind you... we are on a very tight schedule..." He looked at his pocket-watch, then he goes over to the radio speaker. "And I've never been late before, and I am certainly not going to be late tonight! Now everybody, take your seats, please!!" He ordered.

Everyone listened as they all headed off to their seats at once. The Conductor smiled at this. "Thank you..."

The train now started to move again. The Conductor grabbed the radio near him and spoke into it, the speaker stretching to the entire car so the kids could hear him clearly. "Your attention please... are there any Polar Express passengers in need of refreshments?" He asked. Everyone raised their hands up as the stallion smiled again. "I thought so..."

The Conductor opened up the green slide door and 8 waiters suddenly ran into the passenger cars and started tap dancing in the aisle. They turned a few seats around and placed a cloth down into a small table for every two seats. Then, they start singing as some music started playing in the speakers.

[Song: Hot Chocolate]
Hot! Hot!
Ooh, we got it!
Hot! Hot!
Hey, we got it!
Hot! Hot!
Say, we got it!
Hot chocolate!

As the song was going on, the kids were served hot chocolate in fat coffee cups, Braedey looked over at Maria and saw her drinking her mug, so he decided to drink his.

Braedey picked up the cup and blew some air on it to cool it before he drank a bit of it. He was shocked when he tasted it; it tasted absolutely incredible, it didn't taste anything like the hot chocolate you can get from the store, it actually tasted..... beyond magical. He took another drink from his cup as he and Maria didn't see Melty hide her finished cup next to her.

Here, we've only got one rule:
Never ever let it cool!
Keep it cookin' in the pot,
You've got-
Hot chocolate!

A waiter now saw that Melty does not have a cup in front of her and he now handed her another one.

Hot! Hot!
Oh, we got it!
Hot! Hot!
So, we got it!
Hot! Hot!
Yo, we got it!
Hot chocolate!

Virtus sneakily puts her new cup underneath her chair to hide it as she puts her empty cup back up on the table.

Here, we only got one rule: (Here, we only got one rule:)
Never ever let it cool! (Never ever let it cool!)
Keep it cookin' in the pot,
Soon, ya got hot choc-o-lat!

The waiters now gave everyone refills of hot chocolate as The Conductor began to moonwalk back to the radio after sliding forward.

Hot! Hot!
Yeah we got it!
Hot! Hot!
Oh, We got it!
Hot! Hot!
Yeah we got it!
Hot! Hot!
Oh, We got it!

The kids now took their mugs off the invisible tables as the waiters jumped on and tapped danced on them, Braedey looked up with a surprised look at the waiter dancing on his table as he drank his hot chocolate.

Hot! Ha!
Yeah we got it!
Hah!! Hah!!
Oh, We got it!
Hot! Hot!
YEAH WE GOT IT!

All the waiters backflipped and grabbed the cloth they used for the tables, making whatever was even under the cloth disappear. They quickly grabbed everyone's empty cups, putting them on trays and going out of the open slide door, the seats turning back to their original positions, with The Conductor following the waiters and closing the door behind him.