3

[ time: 12/02/2021 ]

{ Y/N pov }

It's been 38 years since you died, my love. 3 decades... almost 4. Oh, how much the world has changed.

I'm standing on a bridge. "I know you would've loved this," I smiled, looking at the flowers around the river. 

Another year of being 28. I really wish you were with me. I wish you were here, to go through everything I'm going through.

If you were here with me then at least it would've been a nice trip.. but you aren't. All that has been happening was change.

I would have to adapt to every change in the world. I smiled and walked off the bridge. I walked into a nearby café. 

"Hello, what would you like to order?" the cashier asked. "I'd like to have a caramel macchiato please," I smiled. "Alright, your order will be right up," she smiled.

The café was quite empty. "Here's your drink," the girl said, bringing my drink. I saw the mark on her neck... 100. 

"You'll live until 100?" I asked. "Oh, yeah, I see you haven't gotten your mark," she smiled. "Y- Yeah," I smiled.

"I can't believe I get to live for 10 decades," she smiled. "Ah, yes, by the way, how's the business here, the place seems quite empty," I asked.

"Oh yeah.. I would usually have to stay here till midnight to get the number of drinks we needed to sell," she said, quite sad. 

You know what... I'll help her. "How much is that?" I asked. "500 drinks," she said. "How many have you sold?" I asked again. "400," she replied, sad.

"I'll buy 50," I smiled. "W- what?!" she asked. "I'll buy 50 drinks," I said. "What- why?" she asked. I smiled and said "I wanna help."