chapter 1: The Nightmare Begins

Jamie was driving a truck with his sister, Jen sitting next to him and their youngest sibling, Mike, sitting in the back seat. Mike was different than what people last saw of her, she wore her hooded jacket more often, but kept her skirt and sneakers and seemed to outgrow her earrings.

"Now, Mike, we're going to your new school, I hope you'll do fine in this school than the others," Jamie said, rather maturely. "Be on your best behavior, okay?"

Mike sighed a bit. "Yes, Jamie, I know..."

"And remember Mike, you can't tell anyone why we moved or about what happened back home, okay?" Jen added in.

"Yes, Jen, I understand." Mike nodded, her siblings felt more like a mother and father since their parents died when she was four, Jen was eleven, and Jamie was in college.

"Now, when you GO TO SCHOOL, your teacher's name is Ms. Bitters, be careful and make sure you don't expose yourself like the times before, we love you, Mike." Jamie stopped the truck in front of the public school in their new home.

"Thanks, guys." Mike hopped out of the truck and put on her purple backpack with everything she would need for the day.

Jen and Jamie waved to their sister and went to their new home to get settled and unpack for Mike. The girl sighed a bit about transferring to yet another new school, but she would have to grin and bear it. The bell rang as soon as she got in.

Mike met with the principal to get registered and mentioned her brother and sister were now her legal guardians and their parents were 'on a trip around the world' which is why they moved the family and couldn't attend the school to REGISTER her. Mike found her way to the teacher she would have and looked to see an elderly, tall, thin woman with her white hair tied in a sharp bun with horn-rimmed glasses, a purple gown, and black boots.

"You must be the new torture victim... I mean, student..." the woman greeted her in a hoarse and firm voice.

"Umm... Yes..." Mike looked at the paper. "Are you Ms. Bitters?"

"You better believe it," Ms. Bitters replied thickly. "Well, don't waste any time, hurry up and come into class."

Mike nodded and went in the classroom.

Ms. Bitters stood in front of the class with her gangly hand on top of Mike's head, nearly clutching her scalp. "Class, I would like to introduce you to the newest, hopeless appendage to the student body, her name is Michelene," the teacher said, surprisingly friendly, even if she had insulted Mike through the introduction. "Michelene, if you have something to say, say it now, because after this moment, I DON'T WANNA HEAR ANOTHER SOUND FROM YOU!" she then seemed to slither away.

Mike watched the creepy woman leave and put her fingers together a little nervously. "Umm... Hi... You can all call me Mike if you want... But don't call me Michelene... That is a very bad idea!"

There was one boy with a big head, glasses, wavy black hair in a matching jacket with a blue shirt pointing at Mike like she were something odd. Mike was INDEED, but how could he had known that? She just got to school after all.

"Take your seat now, Michelene," Ms. Bitters told her firmly, then looked to the front of the class. "Today's lecture is about mythological creatures and how eventually we'll all be enslaved by domesticated animals who have been mutated."

Mike blinked, something about the lesson plan worried her. She decided to keep quiet though as the other students looked bored or scared, unaware of their new classmate's secret.

The boy kept staring Mike down and decided to speak up, as he got a look at her nails which looked like wolf claws and her ears were pointed. "Okay, am I the only one here who sees the werewolf sitting in class?"