chapter 3: Parent Teacher Night

The bell rang in the school, submitting the students to their classes. Mike was staring at the clock, a little bored from Ms. Bitters' teaching of The Big Bang Theory, popular in science. She kept telling the various students that before the big bang, there was nothing. Finally, the bell rang again, to dismiss the students and they all started to leave, except for Dib.

"Don't forget that tonight is parent teacher night," Ms. Bitters said to her students. "Everyone is required to bring their parents to the cafeteria."

Mike gulped as she was getting to the door. "Parent Teacher Night?"

"Yes," Ms. Bitters got deep in her face. "I better see parents or guardians, anyone who takes care of you tonight in school!"

"Yes, ma'am." Mike murmured.

Dib came to her side a little sneakily. "I bet she doesn't even know what parents are."

"Of course I do, I'm not an idiot!" Mike snapped at him, then thought back briefly.

Flashback

We are shown a woman with raven hair like Jamie, but having Mike's chocolate-brown eyes. She is squeezing a ginger-haired man's hand tightly as she tries to force out an infant. Finally, she was able to and the DOCTOR took out the infant who had ginger hair like the father and was slapped on the behind, letting out a squeal which made the parents smile. The doctor wrapped up the infant in a pink baby blanket and there was an older girl with darker red hair dressed in lavender and cream-colored clothes such as a jumper dress.

"Welcome to the world, Michelene Mavinsky..." the woman smiled, revealing to be Miranda and holding the infant in her arms.

"My sweet little girls..." the man, John Mavinsky, smiled proudly.

The older girl sniffled, taking the baby and being careful with holding her as she stood next to her older brother with black hair, though hiding in it with a blue hat.

"We love you, little sister..." Jen and Jamie smiled fondly.

Baby Mike cooed and babbled, giving them spitty kisses.

End of Flashback

Mike was now hugging Ms. Bitters, opening her eyes as she realized her grave mistake. The teacher hissed at her and removed her, disappearing into the shadows.

"I will see you here tonight, Mike," Ms. Bitters looked over her shoulder. "You and your family."

"Agreed." Mike nodded, then walked off to get HOME and tell her 'legal guardians' the news.

"Yeah, Mike, see you and your family!" Dib taunted as he followed her around to mock her. "By the way, it's not called Parent Teacher Night, it's called Mike doom parent... Mike, doom, Mikey... Night!"

"Oh, Dib, watch out for that puppy." Mike said as she kept walking.

"What pup-" Dib asked, then tripped over a small dog, hitting his face in a disgusting puddle.

Mike smirked, then went to her house and opened the door.

"Welcome home, sis!" Jamie greeted.

"I'm just about to make some dinner." Jen added, chiming in.

"We got a big situation," Mike said to her older siblings. "Tonight's Parent Teacher Night at my new school! I don't know what to do... Mom and Dad are gone..."

"Well, we could come in," Jamie suggested. "Not every kid has parents, some kids live with grandparents, aunts, uncles, foster parents,... Some kids even have two dads."