ch. 8 | Tenya vs Hatsume!

a/n: did i forget my wattpad pw for 5 days? yes. yes i did. now while i wait for the new episode to launch heres a chapter

(ps: i forgot mei's zoom range)
--

"from the hero course! Tenya Iida! he has engines in his calves that make him super fast! those also pack quite a heck of a punch!!" present mic introduces iida to the crowd. 

"from the support course! mei hatsume! her quirk is zoom! if she gets serious she can zoom up to 5 miles! she also brought the support gadgets she made herse-" present mic announced hatsume, but got cut off by midnight on her watch podium. 

"iida, support items are for the support course. hero course students arent permitted to use them during the duels." midnight scolds iida, but instead of taking them off iida bows his head.

"i truly apologize midnight, but, my opponent, hatsume, wanted this fight to be as fair as possible so she had given me these. I understand it is against the rules, although my opponent spent 10 minutes looking for me so that i would be ready with these in time for the festival. i do hope you understand i am just trying to show sportsmanship."

"OH THE YOUTH! i'll allow it!" midnight huffs happily and gives iida the thumbs up to continue the fight.

iida stands back up and waits for midnight's go signal, once he hears it he quickly goes to attack mei, going at half throttle to try and push her out of the ring. hatsume's face darkens, and her grin turns sinister.

the backpack she was wearing extends metal poles, flinging her to the air, iida trips and almost falls out of the ring, yet the deemed "wings" mei had given him prevented that from happening and spun him back.

mei pulls out a microphone hidden in her hair, "this is my 23rd baby!  a portable backpack with rods to dodge enemy attacks!" hatsume goes back to the ground, iida regains his footing and sees this opportunity to sneak up on her while she was facing the other way of the stadium.

but as iida runs towards her back, the metal poles extend again, making iida trip.

"they also have full round sensors! detecting every movement that comes up to you." hatsume grins again. 

iida reaches the end of the ring and starts spinning to avoid it, getting dizzy from all the spins he has had to do not to fall out of the white line. "my 43rd baby! it can change your direction depending how you use it! like your bending air! in addition to mr. glasses over here, without my device he probably couldnt have missed the line with his own two feet!" mei beams.

'she isnt making this a fair fight..s-she's advertising!' iida thinks in his head.

a couple minutes pass of tenya failing to get even near mei and her loud broadcasting. 

'come to me support companies! you know you see good gadgets when you see one!' mei thinks with her sinister grin.

"these are my jet boots! they can lift you 20 meters high for 5 minutes until cool down!"

"the backpack also includes features like a fan, water jets, and a compartment spot!"

"this is my 89th baby! goggles that help you calculate your opponents movements and sometimes predict them!"

"this is a net catcher! you can shoot up to 5 nets!" hatsume points it at iida and shoots, he gets caught in them and cant escape.

10 MINUTES LATER

"phew! thats all of em." mei wipes her forehead and walks out of the platform, giving the win to iida. "a-and the win goes to tenya iida!" midnight stutters, sloppily said also laced with confusion.

"what an embarrassing way to win.." iida mutters to himself, looking glum.

-----

"shinso! how'd i do?! think those companies will hire me?!" mei exclaims, clearly happy about her performance and not caught up she "lost". 

"you made quite a performance..also really boring." shinso mocks playfully. "wheres izuku?" she asks, looking around for him. "i dunno, got called by all might." 

"hm. okay. lets go get food before his match up starts then."

"fine by me."

-----

"young midoriya..would you, like to be a hero?"

-----

a/n: I FINISHED THIS AS FAST AS I COULD THE NEW EP IS SOON BYEEE

- justice