CHAPTER 4.4

THE MYSTERIOUS IMAGE

Song Omari!

It took an instant for the name and the voice to register, then his pulse quickened. Quietly Jungkook put down the receiver, a frown clouding her face.

What was Choi Sooji's connection with the art director of the ARM advertising agency? True, the Statue of Liberty layout that Sooji had posed for was one that Baek Kyung was accused of stealing, but that ad had nothing to do with Song Omari's firm.

His thoughts were interrupted by Chaeyoung's voice.

"Who was it, Kook?" she repeated insistently.

"Why did you hang up?" It was Lee Se-Joo who had entered the room before they made the , he was studying the situation and asked the boy.

"Because the man who answered is involved in another case we are working on," Jungkook said.

"His name is Song Omari. He's employed by an ad agency in Daegu" Briefly he filled Mr. Lee Se-Joo and Mrs Woo-ri in on the lawsuit that had been filed against Baek Kyung for allegedly pirating three magazine ad layouts.
Chaeyoung was quite try to form a possible equation at the situation infront of her.

"But don't you want to question him about Sooji and find out if he knows anything about her disappearance?" Se-Joo protested.

"Yes, indeed I do," said Jungkook, "and I intend to-but not over the phone, and not until I've thought this thing through a bit more. It might also help to dig up a little more background information before I approach Mr. Song again." He explained that, when investigating mysteries, he usually found it better to question witnesses face to face, in order to observe their reactions and thus have more to go on in judging whether or not they were telling the truth.

"Also," Chaeyoung added with a wry grin, "sometimes it's wiser not to tip one's hand in advance. If Song Omari doesn't know that his phone number was found among Choi Sooji's effects, he won't be on his guard-and perhaps he'll talk a little more freely."

Lee Se-Joo nodded anxiously. "Yes, I see what you mean, and that does make sense, all right. But do, please, talk to him soon, Jeon!"
"Somehow I have a feeling that this lead may be very important!" Mrs. Woo-ri filled in.

"Don't worry," Chaeyoung said, squeezing the woman's hand reassuringly,
"I promise I'll check it out thoroughly and find out if Song had anything to do with Sooji's disappearance. When I learn anything, I'll let you know as soon as possible, Sir." She said looking at Lee Se-Joo.

The Duo left the Kwons' house soon afterward, with an inward sigh of relief. They found Lee Se-Joo's nervous, nagging manner anything but conducive to serious thinking about the mysteries he was trying to solve. Also, he was eager to pursue a fresh line of investigation that had occurred to Sooji.

After the quick ride to schedule, Seoul High, which was located in a small community of the same name not far from Park's residence.
Last night, while puzzling over Baek Kyung's plight, Chaeyoung had remembered reading that the Seoul Universityfaculty included a well-known psychology professor, Dr. Huening Kai, who was spending part of the summer conducting experiments with interested and willing students.
She decided to join the program and obviously Jungkook had no right to protest against it. He will just sit as long as no tests are needed to be given in the program.