CHAPTER 2.4

HEADLESS SAMURAI

"Attacked by the head hunter?" he asked. Jungkook nodded, as he looked at the window while lying on the bed. Namjoon was beside him while Hoseok went to investigate the place Jungkook described. Chaeyoung was resting around. "The sky was dark, and the mist in the air making any possible vision hard to decipher; I just followed the light and reached the cave" He exclaimed." But it was of no use, we couldn't see his face, and his voice was like more ancient, like the actors of ancient movies, deep and hoarse" he described. "Only thing we know, Xiu Ying isn't murderer" he ended.

"How is Miss Shino?" Jungkook asked. Namjoon sighed, "She did breakdown, the maids handled her, he was the future master of the family so all are in grief mood", then he got and left the boy to rest. Namjoon was quiet; he walked to Shino's room. He watched her sleeping, her eyes were closed forcefully, her forehead had wrinkles, she must be stressed and exhausted, after all she lost her two sons.

"Ms. Shino, you may not know, but I did met you once coincidently, but you disappeared after that, I didn't know anything about you, your wellbeing, your first husband was abusive, I still think it's my fault that you had to go through all those, only if I was more brave, I could have been able to save you from that dreadful incident, and even when I went you again, you looked tensed, I saw your child in your arms, but you were alone, still I did backed off, I doubted myself that I won't be able to take care of you, and I did fail you, I failed to save your sons, but I won't let it slip, I will get you and your sons justice"

He was silent, he saw the lady in front of him, mumbling. She was spelling her son's name. He stood up, "okay, I sure will arrest the criminal" he left the room and marched to the turning door room. He walked towards the window, he saw Saru, the house gardener, cutting the branches and trimming them with a long cutter and the stair was beside him, Namjoon ignored him and he then held onto one of the iron rods of the window, pulled the one, Chaeyoung had pulled out once. " a normal person still can't get through it, that person must be short and nimble, if..." he eyes felled on the tree that was closest to the window. He walked down, he stood in front of the tree, the tree's trunk was divided like Y shaped and the division point had a height exactly that of his height.

"if we tied the rope on the tree from the window" he looked around for a clue, his eyes felled on the hole on the trunk, it looked freshly made with a tool. He walked back to the turning door room, he was outside the room, to which the room's door opened, the other room had many shelves, he decided to look around. After coughing and sneezing around the dusty shelves, he found a suspicious looking cloth, he pulled it. His eyes were surprised, he found a crossbow hidden, a modern one, a mechanical, it had a lens to focus on and a switch to push the arrow out, he wondered first, that the Shino's husband was good at hunting, he walked to the window, and aimed at the tree he visited before, he aimed the cross bow at it. "This is it!" he exclaimed.

...

He called all the members of the family and the servants to gather at the room. Jungkook and Chaeyoung were asked to join, both walked to the room, Jungkook was surprised when he heard Namjoon solved the case. "What do you want to say, Sir, faster and tee, we are busy"

Namjoon turned and spoke, "the mystery is solved" Jungkook frowned,"Yeah you told me that, I'm asking after that ". "The criminal is in the house" Namjoon spoke as he looked around the faces of the servants and the family members, all looked at each other's face. "Eh? Really?" Hoseok checked if someone looks suspicious. Namjoon's eyes twinkled at the revelation, he walked to the window and spoke "let me explain" he started.

...

"I want you to search the whole town, he shouldn't get away" Hoseok ordered them. Jungkook and Chaeyoung were looking around the valley, in case when the whole town is under search he must be hiding here and might run away when the situation is favourable. While walking around, they heard a gunshot and they immediately ran to the place. When they reached they gasped and didn't go further closer. It was Saru himself laying and a gun in his hand, and on-going closer, it looked like someone shoot him right through his head, he stood at a place where the window of Ms.Shino's room can be seen easily, may be if was trying to kill someone from here.. He asked Chaeyoung to inform the detective officers about it. After the call Hoseok came immediately. "You didn't touch anything right?" he asked and both nodded their heads in negotiation. "The was a backfiring gun, it will stuck, if someone pulls the trigger, the bullet leaves from his side, guess he didn't know about it and got himself killed" Hoseok exclaimed. Soon Ms.Shino arrived with her royal maid, Namjoon came with the investigation team. "Ma'am who else knows about the gun? Hoseok asked. "Only me and my husband" he told them. "look, what we found!" Jungkook came to them with a bag, Hoseok opened it, it had money, ropes, arrows and food. "So he did plan to run away!" Jungkook noted. Hoseok pulled out a scroll from the bag, it was a royal blue scroll, with golden rings at the both ends, and it had a symbol. The royal maid came to recognize it, "It's Xaikar dynasty's symbol, the last king's family badge" she informed. "So it's really like this, Saru was indeed posterity of the head Hunter Xai Sin Saru" Namjoon concluded. Jungkook seemed pretty unconvinced by the revelation, it seemed like he's missing something.