Chapter 1

"Laura hurry up!" I whinned crossing my legs while wiggling where I stood. This girl took forever and she blamed me for always being late or taking to long, plus I was bout to burst threw my pants.

"Laura!!! Please!" I begged pounding on the door.

Finally the door opened and my sister came waltzing out like she owned the place. "Gosh Dallas you couldn't wait a few more minutes, you had to rush me." She snarled turning her nose up at me as she walked away. Her light brown silk hair bounced in tight curls as she walked away. Her tiny figure swayed as she turned the corner disappearing from my sight.

Groaning, I dashed into the bathroom and did what I had to do. When I was done i looked at myself in the moirror and sighed. I was nothing like my sister. She was four months older then me. (Wolves don't have children for nine months, our pregnancy's are far shorter.) We were born with in the same year four months apart. My hair was a silver blonde and dead straight. Her eyes where a beautiful green as my eyes are a dull green grey, but from the nights I've been having, tossing and turning, my eyes were so swollen. I looked nothing like my sister, she looked like our mother and father combined, but I...I looked nothing like them except my father's blonde hair and eye's, well then I shouldn't say I don't look like them, so much as I don't look like my mother.

Sighing, I washed my hands and left the restroom only for Laura to occupy once again. Walking down the hallway of the tan shag carpet, made my toes tickle. I closed the door to my room pushed aside some box's to get to my bed, and flopped down with a thud. I couldn't believe the week I had just had.

We just moved to North Wood split territory of the Midnight Pack, and Spirtmoon Pack. We left our previous Pack because our former Alpha lost his mate and went on a rampage killing all mated and unmated males because he wanted the females all to himself. My father sought out the Alpha of Spiritmoon Pack and asked if we could come transition to his pack. Being generous as he was and as well a long term friend of my father's , he had agreed in giving us a home to stay and a new pack to call family. Since we were new to the pack, we had to undergo a blood bonding ceremony once we arrived yesterday, officially initiating us into the pack once the ceremony was over.

Tilting my head I couldn't help but feel like an outsider. I mean we were outsiders but at the same time, everyone has been nothing but nice so far. I just felt lonely still.

There was a soft knock at the door that broke my concentration and train of thought making me turn around sitting up in bed. "Yea?" I called out curious to see who it was.

"Honey can I come in?" A soft voice asked, my mother was never one to yell or talk over or even raise her voice.

"Yea mom." I said laying back on the bed, keeping my eyes on the door.

Opening the door she took a step in slowly, but stayed with in the door way. "I just came to check up on you." She gave me a half smile.

"I'm fine, just you know... here...thinking is all." I shrugged my shoulders laying flat on my back while she looked at me with sad eyes. I hated when she looked at me like that, I knew it just pitty and hurt. She knew the pain I was going threw but she didn't want to say anything or talk about it because she herself, is going threw the same pain.

Thinking back on it, my heart clunched in my chest. Most of my friends and been killed from our former Alpha and some of my girlfriend's were thrown into cells at the Alphas orders, but me and my sister had just made it out in time all because of our father. If it weren't for him I'm sure us girls, my mother, sister and I would also be in cells.

"Honey you should try and make new friends....you start class tomorrow." She gave me a half hearted smile trying to make me smile.

Turning my head I looked at her and smiled a little. I hadn't really noticed how she looked till now. Her normal  dark and bouncey hair had now faded to a dull grey making her look older then what she really was. Her eyes were sunk in making her look like death. But yet she had that warm smile on her face like nothing was wrong . She always tried to make things better, she had always been a sweet person. "I'll just wait till class."