Chapter 8

Dedicated to: TheBlueBeauty -she made me kinda get out of my funk and write =3 ❤
_______________________

Running faster then I had ever ran before, twigs and branches scratched and scrapped but I didn't care I just had to get away.

My breathing was labored by the time I came to a clearing of open grass, I fell to the floor trying not to cry but my erratic breathing wasn't helping me much either. If anything it made it worse as I felt the small pools of tears cluster at the edge of my eyes. I was regected, me of all people...all I wanted was a mate to love me for me...but I guess that's what I get, I should have just gone straight up to him instead of run.

Laying on the floor, I was curled up into a ball. My whole body hurt like my muscles were ripping apart, my skin burned as if fire scorched it. I withered on the floor wanting to die. Hoping that this rejection would kill me, hopefully I would be one of the few that it happened to.

Why? Why didn't I just come open with it? Why did it have to be him? Why did he do it? ....i know why he did it... Jackie.

Suddenly I heard a growl from behind me, turning my body around while still in the fedial position I saw a large massive black wolf, his scent was familiar but I couldnt prosses it with all the pain. It came right up to me.

Finally I'll die, and this pain will be over.

But as it got closer it's growling stopped, just inches from my face, I closed my eyes with silent tears, and silent prays. "Please let this be it."

But it never came, instead something cold nudged my face, opening my eyes it licked my face. The fear left me as i felt comfort from this wolf, but I couldn't move, everything hurt so much. Closing my eye once more, darkness was clouding my head my breathing labored as I clutched my chest. It felt as if someone were kneeling on me adding more and more force each time.

Tears streaked down my face as I curled up into myself more, I could hear the wolf moving near by as I kept my eyes closed. Covering my face with my dirty hands I didn't want to see, my world had just crumbled before my eyes within seconds. And here I thought this wolf would kill me. Suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap themselfs around my body lifting me up into a solid form.

"Shhhh, it's ok." The voice was so familiar, and the sent calmed me. Opening my eyes and lifting my throbbing head to see who it was.

Martin

He looked different, stern and worried, his hair fell sticking to his forhead from sweat. Lifting me with ease he held me to his bare chest, I could only guess he was the wolf and shifting he had no cloths.

He carried me in silence as I curled up in his arms, the swaying motion of his movements calmed my erratic breathing but the tears still streamed down my face. He would frequently look down to check up on me then back up to the path we took. It took what seemed like 10 minutes for me to stop crying, I was now snug to his chest sniffling, while he carried me rubbing my back soothing.

His voice was low and soft when he finally spoke. "I won't ask what happened because I have an idea..." he had stopped walking and looked down at me. "But if it has to deal with him....you deserve so much better." He looked down at me serious, his eyes held hope. "He doesn't deserve you."

A whimper escaped my lips and my chest tightened at the mention of him. But Martin tightened his hold on me and the contact, warmth, and his strength made the pain slowly  disappear.

"I won't talk about it anymore but I have something to tell you...but not now..sleep we are almost home."

I nodded, laying my head against his chest I closed my eyes and allowed his warmth to comfort me.
____________________________