Steve Harrington : "Magic the Gathering"

POST— STRANGER THINGS
SEASON 3

WARNINGS!

um none besides that i'm gonna do a part 2 bc it was getting too long and also i'm in love w him tee hee <3

— b.

__________

The street was just beginning to fill with a comforting quiet as you walked up the pathway of the Henderson household. Their grass was freshly cut, and wet from the sprinklers that had just gone off. You admired the smell, and the hum of cicadas as you knocked on the front door, shifting the brown bag you were carrying  in your arm.

Dustin answered the door, teeth on display in a winning smile. "Oh, hey (Y/n). I didn't know you were coming over," He remarked, hand on the doorknob.

"Uh, yeah. Your mom called and said that she'd be stuck at work until the early hours of the morning. She asked me if I could stay over because she was worried. You know how she gets," You shrugged, a smile pulling onto your lips at the curly-haired teen. "I brought McDonald's," You added, hopeful.

"Awesome!" He took the bag from you, swinging the door open so that you could come in. "Steve is here. He was babysitting, but I guess mom doesn't expect him to stay over," He told you, walking you through the hallway of the familiar house, once you'd shut and locked the door.

"Steve Harrington?" You asked, genuinely interested. Steve was in your year at school before you'd graduated, and he genuinely seemed like a nice guy from what little interaction you'd had. All you really knew about him was that he beat up Tommy H., and recently broke up with Nancy.

"Yeah, and I'm glad you came over. Steve is shit at Magic the Gathering," Dustin informed you, making a bee-line for the lounge. You guessed you'd be eating straight from the boxes, wearing an amused smile at his comment.

Being the Henderson's next door neighbour, you had been babysitting Dustin since you were old enough to not need one yourself. You'd always been responsible, and frankly, Dustin took a liking to you from the beginning.

You snorted out a laugh as the room came into view. The TV was on as some kind of white noise, two loungers pulled up closer to the coffee table, and cards spread across it facing each other. Steve, bathing in the glow of the television light, looked up at you with such a distressed look from his cards, that you couldn't help it.

"Hi, Steve," You greeted as Dustin sat on the couch opposite him, already digging around in the take-out bag so that he could find his food.

"Hi . . . (Y/n), right?" He placed his cards down, standing up to awkwardly greet you back. His hands wiped against his jeans, and then one ran through his hair. He was clearly trying very hard to understand this game.