Chapter 6

Louissa speed walked into school, trying to avoid Carson. She had no idea why, but she had never done what she had done the night before with anyone else.

"Hey, babydoll!" Oh, crud. "Hey, hey," he said, trying to catch up with her, "are you mad at me or anything? I'm sorry about your mom."

"Oh, nothing, I just want to get to class. I need to go." Lou tried to walk forward but Carson held her in place. "Carson...I need to get to class."

"Follow me." He grabbed her hand and led her behind the school. "I missed you last night. I hope everything is okay. Was your mom mad or anything?"

"Not really. She just said to let her know when I'm going to stay after to study."

"Oh, nice. Can we see A Candlelight Kiss today? We never did."

"Sure, but I have to tell my mom first." She said.

"Great, babydoll." He leaned in to smell her hair. "Ahhh, I missed this smell."

"Haha, sure you did," she teased. He laughed and kissed her forehead, then looked at her. Damn, he wanted to kiss her, he did, but he was scared she wouldn't want to.

"Hold on, lemme text my mom." Lou took out her phone and texted her mom for a few minutes. And then she smiled at Carson. "She's fine with it. "

"Awesome, babydoll. Can't wait." He leaned in to quickly kiss her when she held on and lingered for a few extra moments, taking her time to tangle her tongue with his.

"I've missed you," she said, and kissed him again. He slipped his hands in the back of her shirt, and rubbed and massaged her back, while sucking on her top lip.

"Anyway," Louissa said, pulling away, "We'll be late for class, let's go." They held hands and ran into the school building, but paused when they saw a crowd around Charlene's locker. Lou gasped when she saw that there was paint on the locker that said "Charlene is [Bi]" but instead of "Bi", it showed the element picture for Bismuth.

"You!" Charlene gasped. "You did this, Louissa."

"What? No, I swear, I didn-"

"It was her," A voice said, "I saw her do it this morning." It was Chelsea.

"Yeah. She brought paint to school, we saw." Mair jumped in.

"We're not joking," Alyssa said. "Check her locker."

"What? No! Private property! Excuse me!" She followed the crowd that followed Alyssa who led them to Louissa's locker and unlocked it.

"Oh, fuck! I should have never told her my lock code." She heard the crowd gasp and saw that there was a tote bag inside there filled with spray paints that she'd never seen.

"Proof." Alyssa said, and stepped back, satisfied, smiling evilly at Lou.

"This is ridiculous!" Lou exclaimed. "I came late to school!"

"See?" A sobbing Charlene said. "She's lying! There's proof right here!"

"Well, how would Marissa, Alyssa, and Chelsea know that the paint was in my locker unless they were the ones that put it there?" The students fell silent. "I mean, come on, how could I enter the school an hour earlier? Chelsea's uncle is the superintendent, and she has a key to the school that she stole from him last year. They obviously would've done it, put the bag in my locker, I mean, come on, they know my code, and would've gone back into their Range Rover and waited for school to start!" The students were still silent so Lou took her chance. "I mean, look at this bag! The initials on the bottom are A.S.F. Unless it stands for As fuck, it's Alyssa Scherzo Franzici." She threw her arms up.

"What? No!" Alyssa said, but the students were already talking to each other quietly, trying to figure out what happened. "Stop! It was her!" But it was too late. They were exposed. Their plan had failed, and they had to come up with another one.