Chapter 12

"It's here!" Lou cried. "It's here, it's here, it's here!" She scrolled through Instagram, looking at people posting their admission letters, and went to check her own.

"Dear Miss Louissa Johnson, we are sorry to inform you that you have not been granted admission to the College of Charleston. We received over 20,000 applications.." Her voiced drowned out. She wasn't accepted. She opened the email from William and Mary. "Miss Louissa Johnson, Although we cannot offer you a spot in our school, we are proud to inform you that you have been waitlisted at William and Mary. Best of luck!"

"Louissa!" Her mom called. "Where's the scream! What did you get into?"

"I didn't," she said in disbelief as she walked down the stairs. "I got waitlisted at William and Mary but didn't get in." Her phone rang, and it was Carson.

"Babe? What's up?" She tried to hide the disappointment in her voice.

"Babydoll, I got into William and Mary! We can go to college together!"

"That's great Carson, it really is, and I'm really happy for you, but I was only waitlisted. I didn't get into William and Mary or College of Charleston."

"What?" Carson asked. "How about Thomas Nelson Community College? I guess you can go there. It's closest to William and Mary."

"Yeah, I guess." Lou said. "Look, I've got to go." She hung up and ran to her room. That night, she couldn't fall asleep. All she kept thinking was how she messed up her life and about what she had done to her future.

"Babydoll, let's meet at Henry's," Carson told her a few days later, over the phone. "It'll cheer you up. We already enrolled you in Thomas Nelson Community College, and you'll enjoy it, I know you will. Come on, please?"

"Yeah, sure." She said, and went to Henry's to meet with Carson.

"TMCC is also just as good, babydoll."

"Maybe," Lou said, "but William and Mary is better. What have I done?"

"It's for the best, babydoll," Carson said softly.

"Wait, what?" Lou said. "You mean you don't want me to go to the coll-"

"No, I-" Carson got cut off.

"No, I get it. You don't want me to go to William and Mary. Enjoy hooking up with Chelsea. I heard she got in. But you probably already know that." She stormed out.

"Babydoll! Lou?" Carson called, but she had went home already.