4

As soon as Anya stepped off the skiff, she was immediately brought to General Kirigan's tent on his order.

Ivan one of Kirigan's top guards led her through the flap of the tent. There at his desk in all of his glory sat General Kirigan. The Darkling. He looks up from his paper work and makes direct eye contact with Anya. His mouth opens and closes as if he's trying to figure out what to say. After a long moment of silence he finally speaks.

"Leave us." He orders. Ivan bows and leaves the tent leaving Anya and the Darkling alone. She stands there awkwardly shuffling her feet. Finally after a brief moment. Kirigan rushes to his feet taking quick strides over to Anya. He cups her face and presses his lips to hers. She immediately kisses him back running her hands up his arms and placing them on his neck.

He pulls away to breathe, resting his forehand against hers.

"I had to make sure, Ivan was far enough away before I could do that." He chuckled. Anya smiled biting her lip. "He's the last person I'd want to find out about us."

"We wouldn't want that now would we?" Anya chuckles.

He smiles and pulls away to hold her at arms length. His eyes move back and forth over her face examining the damage. Numerous cuts and bruises could be found over her face, there was a dry patch of blood on her forehead from when the volcra knocked her to the ground. He move his gaze to her body, her kefta all ripped up and bloody.

"I should of never sent you into the Fold." He proclaims as he runs his thumb over her cheek. Her smile suddenly drops as she remembers what happened before she black out.

"Something happened in there...something I can't even begin to understand."

"What is it?" He asks worryingly. Any stepped away from him walking a little ways away. As she stands there with her back turned to him, he can clearly see the three long slash marks on her kefta from the volcra.

'She should of died from a wound like that.' He thought.

"What happened in the Fold." He asked.

"One of the soldiers lit a lantern after the blue one died. The ship caught fire and the volcra started to pick us off one by one. I was trying to save Katsya when one came up behind me. It almost killed me until another member of the crew saved me. There was a bright searing light, then I felt it." She trails off.

"Felt what?" Kirigan asks curiously.

"A force. Something I've never felt before. I don't know what it was...but I feel different."

"Different how?"

"Like everything has been turned up, I feel more powerful." The darkling looked to the ground in deep thought, before meeting her gaze again. He uncrossed his arms and took his ring off of his finger and placed it on his thumb.

"What are doing?" She asked confused. He looks at her with an expression she never seen before. He pushed her sleeve up her arm and used his ring to draw a line down her arm. As he made the cut orange, red, and yellow tendrils came flowing out of her arm. The tendrils flew around her and the darkling. She looked around the room in awe, she's never been able to do this before.

She met Kirigan's gaze again to see him looking at like she was a miracle. He released her arm, and cupped her face bringing her into compassionate kiss.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"You never cease to amaze me Anya Djar." Anya smiled leaning in again, when Ivan burst through the tent. Anya and Kirigan quickly jumped away facing Ivan.

"What is it?" Kirigan demanded irritant noticeable in his voice.

"She's awake." Kirigan quickly composed himself and starting exiting the tent.

"Who?" Anya asked.

"The Sun Summoner"
~
Another chapter. WOO! Just a short one about Anya and the Darkling's relationship. Don't get to comfortable with them though lol. Anyas starting to discover that her powers what they thought she was. Thank you to everyone whose stuck around. You guys are amazing!!!!!!