Chapter 20

Jennie is clinging to Lisa like a koala bear, ignoring every attempt the vampire makes to wake her. She's enjoying the contact too much and the way Lisa says her name over and over again to rouse her. It's when she finally decides to pull her body away from Jennie's that the Slayer lets her act go by sitting up too fast "Hey, that's not fair!"

The vampire looks alarmed at how suddenly awake Jennie is before she realizes that the brunette had been faking it. "Don't give me that look," Jennie grumbles, before scooting back over and forcefully cuddling herself into Lisa.

"Jennie..."

"C'mon, Lisa. I know you don't mind."

"Someone sounds confident." Jennie pulls back, worried. Does she mind? Something must have shown on her face because something changes on Lisa's, and she speaks again before Jennie can. "Jennie, no, I didn't mean it like that. I don't mind at all."

"But..." Jennie quietly prompts.

"But... you have school, and we should go downstairs in case Jisoo comes back." Lisa sighs as she brushes her hand through Jennie's hair, allowing her a few more cuddles. "I know you're...sleepy," she chuckles, "But we can't stay here all day."

"Okay," Jennie pouts. She surprises herself by pulling away early. "I'm gonna go take a shower." She makes her way around the room, gathering her clothes for the day before Lisa appears behind her, running her hand down Jennie's arm.

"Hey, Jennie..."

"Yeah?" She asks, turning to face her. Lisa's closer than she expected, and her scent intoxicates Jennie. She can't stop her eyes from wandering down Lisa's face, but when she looks up, Lisa's doing the same, her eyes glazed over. "Lisa?"

She shakes her head, snapping out of it. "Nothing. I'll meet you downstairs okay?"

In the shower, Jennie is totally overwhelmed, as she usually is, with everything involving Lisa. The tension between them, the way Lisa makes her feel, the way Lisa looks at her, the way they gravitate. All of it is mind-blowing and confusing, and it seems like the only options are to make a move or to cut Lisa out of her life entirely, and obviously neither of those are options. She leans into the shower wall, groaning into her hands, as the steaming water runs down her back.

But should she make a move? She almost had, more than once, and she was sure that Lisa almost had as well. She remembers last night, Lisa's lips on her forehead, and she considers what that could mean. She thinks about Lisa's hands in her hair, Jennie's hand gripping her waist, Lisa's lips on Jennie's skin, Jennie's legs pressed into Lisa's sides, Lisa's bareback...

Jennie's hands move from her face as they slide down her own body, her forehead still pressed into the shower wall. It's an unconscious movement, and she doesn't catch herself until her hands are pressed between her legs, and everything seems to hit her all at once. She pushes off the wall, standing under the shower, running her hands through her hair, shaking the thoughts from her head. This is getting out of hand. It's undeniable how much she wants Lisa, her body tells her that much, but this is way bigger.

She has very real feelings attached to very real possibilities that she's never been willing to consider until now. The circumstances that drove her here are not what she expected, but she doesn't want to disrespect Lisa or make anything uncomfortable for her. Just in case. She owes it to herself to express her thoughts and feelings before taking out her sexual frustrations with Lisa in the house, while thinking of her. Maybe it could be flattering, but it doesn't feel right, and there's nothing Jennie wants more than to make things right. So she shuts the water off.