XXXIX

"He— poisoned Natalie, it was him." He said, his voice wavering.

"How do you know?" I questioned, fidgeting with my hands in my lap. "And how the hell did you end up here? In his brother-in-law's house?"

Jesse gave me an address of where to meet him. I pulled up to a nice-looking house which only made me more confused. I had no idea what the hell I was walking into. He gave me no details. 

"I told you I was going to burn down that asshole's house." He said, "And Hank stopped me from getting that far— he's going to help me take him down."

"And you're sure about this?"

He nodded. "I have no other options."

Hank and his co-worker named Gomez caught me up to speed on their plan, you could tell by their faces they didn't trust either of us fully— reasonable.

Even Hank's wife Marie was nice, better than Skyler. She wanted to take Walter down just as much as the rest of us and after hearing he was behind Natalie getting sick I was ready to burn that fucker to the ground.

I agreed to help as best as I could, Hank suggested that I stay here with Jesse but I assured him that I would be fine at my house.

-

"Got my photo, bitch?" Jesse asked Walter over the phone as we sat in the back of Hank's SUV. "That barrel looks familiar because I just found 6 more exactly like it."

"That big bastard who works for Goodman. I pistol-whipped that melon he calls a head till he gave up what he knew, which led me to your rental van which it turns out had GPS."

"How do you like that genius? Guess you didn't think of everything."

He had him on speaker as we drove, "Look Jesse, I don't know what you plan on doing here but—"

"I'll give you a hint Walt. Involves a couple of 5-gallon cans of gasoline and a lighter."

"NO, NO, NO!" Walter shouted, "Jesse please listen to me."

"No, you listen to me, bitch. You get your ass out here as fast as you can."

"Yes, I'm coming, okay?"

"And don't even think about calling anyone for help, all right? You hang up on me, put me on hold, lose my call for any reason, as soon as you do, I'm burning all of it." Jesse threatened. "Alright? One big bonfire. Do you get the picture?"

"I get it, I get it, okay?"

"Alright well, you better hurry because I'm burning 10 grand a minute till you get here, starting right now."

"I said I'm coming! Don't you touch my money!"

"Fire in the hole, bitch. There goes 10 G's." I just sat there, picking at my fingers. Shit was about to go down and I was scared. "Oh, nice orange flames." He taunted.

"No, no no!" Walter shouted. "Jesse, Jesse, please. I'm dying.... My cancer is back. You're not hurting anyone but my family, okay? Look, I can't spend this money."

Seems every time he wanted to guilt trip someone he was pulling the cancer card.

"I won't be around long enough to use it, it's for my children."

"Oh, you're going to talk about kids? You're seriously going to go there?"

"I'm sorry about Natalie." I bit my tongue, I couldn't screw this up and talk.

"No, you're not." Jesse spat.

"I am—"

"You're not but you're gonna be."