XL

We first drove to Jesse's house to grab his 5 million. That would be enough for both of us to get new identities and then start a new life elsewhere. He packed a bag with a few clothes and I sped over to my apartment, I needed to grab Onyx and pack a quick bag.

Jesse and I ran upstairs and opened the door to see Carmen and Brandon happily watching tv together.

"Hey, you two." Carmen greeted us with a smile.

"Yo," Brandon said, nodding his head. 

I went into my room, I felt like crying. I was never good at goodbyes— I always thought they were stupid, hellos were so much better... maybe because they always felt like a fresh start.

I packed some clothes, my camera, one photo album which I didn't have time to look at, and Onyx's food.

"Woah where are you going? By the looks of it you're moving out." Carmen laughed, "We have some exciting news though."

I took a shaky breath, "What's the news?"

"We're dating, wicked, right?" Brandon chuckled, a cheeky grin on his face.

My vision blurred but I refused to let my tears fall, "Yeah... so wicked." I breathed and Carmen got up off the couch and wrapped her arms around me. 

"What's your deal? Why are you crying?" She asked and I pulled away from her hug.

"It's just been a stressful day." I told her, "But I just wanted to say I love you... both."

Carmen opened and closed her mouth. "W-why are you saying all of this, Jesse, what's going on?"

"We have to go." Is all he said, looking at Brandon. "Thanks, Yo, for everything."

Brandon and him shared a fist pump, he looked just as confused but didn't question anything out loud.

Carmen kept trying to hammer me with questions but I didn't budge, I just told her I was saying a few nights as Jesses.

Before we left Jesse went into his pocket and pulled out 10 grand and chucked in on the floor and I shut the door.

I began walking quickly out of the hallway before realizing that Jesse stopped walking, I turned back around to face him "This is your last chance to leave, better saying goodbye to 1 then—"

I held up my hand to stop him from talking. "Jesse, the two of us, remember?"

-

After calling that vacuum company the guy brought us to the actual store where we took our new passport photos.

"It'll take me some time to get your new situation fixed. Until then you're staying here, I got a place downstairs out of sight." The guy told us and we nodded.

I leaned over and looked at the passport on the screen, "Hawaii?"

"Consider that your new home, palm trees and bikinis 24/7." The guy said and then showed us where we'll be staying for the time being.

It resembled a jail cell— concrete walls and two twin beds.

"Hailey I still can't believe you chose this." Jesse sighed as he sat on one of the beds.

I took a seat next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder. "We're going to be in Hawaii soon leaving all of this bullshit behind."

"There's still time to back out, not much, mind you." He said, "I just want to make sure that you're okay with this."

"I'm okay." I admitted, "I don't want to stay here without you." And that was the truth, I planned on writing everyone letters and explaining everything... to a certain extent.