Prologue

"Soulmates are real, at least that is what the world shows. It provides many things—Love, friendship, family, and many more. It is actually a very fascinating topic that led to how people find their partners nowadays. It became somewhat of a standard.

But with no further knowledge, scientists and doctors focused their researches on this. They discovered many things. And that is what we'll discuss for today.

Fate used certain factors to support this, uh, 'bond.' Marks, dreams, and feelings are the ones it found most useful.

The marks are located on the left wrist. It is a blank black bracelet-like mark that looks like a tattoo. When the person turns 18, objects that represent their soulmate best start to appear on the blank mark—dogs as love for animals, for example. No one can actually see each other's marks other than the person itself, just until they have met their soulmate. When you do, the black color will change to white and the things will be highlighted, giving the mark a more 'bracelet' look.

Now, fate decided to fasten the process with the use of dreams. Dreams are where you will see subtle hints about your soulmate and when the time of your meeting is near. Visions from dreams don't show faces or names except silhouettes. The vision for when you will meet your soulmate is blurred but will become clear when the event is about to happen.

Sounds useless, I know, but it actually helped most people.

These dreams can also help you know more about your soulmate as it can give you flashes about their happiest, saddest, and unforgettable memories. But again, these dreams will only happen when your soulmate reaches or have reached the age of 18.

Also, your dreams will not always be about your soulmate. You'll still dream like how you used to, and that sometimes makes it hard to decipher which is about your soulmate and which is just a normal one.

Feelings are what make a person whole. This is why it plays a vital role in soulmateship. Your feelings and senses are heightened when your soulmate is near, especially when you both are about to have your first meeting. You can instantly feel each other's presence; the bond that will pull you two will happen simultaneously and the mark will become visible when you have even the slightest touch.

Sensitivity will be brought upon your feelings and will require both parties to have physical contact for at least 5 hours for the first day but will lessen to two for the first month. Depending on how strong the bond is between the two of you, physical contact requirement can last for minutes or for an hour—the bond will prevent you from not seeing each other for too long. First month will force you to only be able to not see each other for a day and the following months will be decided depending on the strength of the bond.

What happens when these isn't taken seriously? It will force the body to faint and will only recover once the soulmate is near and had physical contact.

The sensitivity will also make soulmates feel what their soulmates feel. The bond will influence your feelings and senses and will let you know if your soulmate is in danger. If your soulmate is hurt, the mark will burn. If your soulmate is dead, it will slowly fade.

Another great thing about soulmates is that it promotes diversity. Soulmates may not be from the same race or country. It can be from the same gender, or have an age gap of months to 6 years. Take note that every country has government-issued centers to help soulmates that are from different countries legally stay regardless of their visa expiration.

The only thing that the bond can't do is share each other's skills. So if you meet your soulmate in another country, know that help is there.

Based on past experiences, doctors have documented three types of soulmates. These are Active soulmates, Fallen soulmates, and the Passive. Active soulmates are those who are still with their soulmates', the Fallen are those that lost their soulmate, and the Passive are those that haven't had seen or had physical contact with their soulmate for so long, forcing them to be lost in a deep sleep.

Everyone has one, meaning everyone is capable of love. Criminals, persons of a certain sexuality, those that seem to have no time to have one, you can't simply escape the idea of it.

You only have ONE soulmate destined for you, but that doesn't mean you can't love anybody else. You cannot reject your soulmate and would not necessarily require a romantic relationship. It is up to you if you can resist the pull of the bond, though it rarely happens. But if you do manage to resist it, know that there are certain side effects that have not yet studied further. 

Remember to choose your decisions wisely as you all come to the age. You or your soulmate might end up hurt. Resisting the bond doesn't always end up in happiness.

Now-"

RIIIINGGGG!

The school bell rang, interrupting Mr. Lee. The 15-year-old girl's gaze moved from her fingers rubbing her left wrist to the environment around her, relieved that classes are over—she was about to lose it at the topic of fallen soulmates.

"Okay, don't forget the paper about unique soulmate bonds that's due on Friday. Make sure to look for the most different pairings and effects, and remember that it is twenty percent of your grade. Have a good day!" Mr. Lee ended.

The room instantly buzzed in chatter as girls expressed their excitement of meeting their soulmate. What excited them the most was the high probability of being matched with an idol, especially when the news yesterday was about a girl finding out her soulmate is one of the members of a well-known group.

She sighed and packed her stuff, ready to go home. Although the idea of soulmates interests her, it isn't a lot to inspire her to learn about it more. All she needs to know is she has one and it could be anyone near or far, good or bad, a girl or a boy, and, most importantly, famous or not.

She laughs when the thought about having a famous soulmate crossed her mind. It is impossible, she said, thinking that she is so ordinary to the point that her soulmate might be discouraged to meet her.

But what she didn't know was that Fate had other plans.