Chapter 2

A.N. Unedited

Bold = English , Normal = Korean

=======

Ding!

The elevator announced my arrival and the feeling was gone just as fast as it came.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at what happened. The signs wouldn't be gone that fast if my soulmate was near, so what exactly happened?

"Hyejin!" I hear Nari call, pulling me from my thoughts.

I shook my head and diverted my attention to her, instantly giving her a smile. I was soon engulfed in a hug when I stepped outside the elevator, which I returned.

"I miss you!" She exclaimed, right beside my ear.

I leaned away in reflex and chuckled, "yeah, I missed you too. But I do appreciate it if you could not damage my ears with your loud voice Nari." I looked at her amused, one hand rubbing my ear.

She rolled her eyes and took my arm to link it with hers. "You've been with me for years and now's the time you complain?"

I laughed again and just shook my head. I gripped our linked arms tighter and let her lead the way.

"You just missed the boys, actually. They left a minute before you arrived," she said, pursing her lips. "It would've been the perfect time for you to meet."

"The boys?" I questioned confusedly.

"Oh you know." She shrugged, "the boy group I have been working with."

"Oh," I replied knowingly.

"You'll have more time to meet them, though, don't worry," she smiled as if she is hiding something.

I squinted my eyes at her and made us stop, turning to fully face her.

"What do you mean Nari?" I said in a careful tone.

"Nothing," she chirped, smiling innocently.

I raised an eyebrow at her, obviously not convinced, "I swear to God Nari, if this is one of your silly plans that will put my well being at risk, I-"

"Relax Hyejin," she cut off, putting her hands on my shoulders. "I think you'll like this one," she winked.

She linked our arms once again and started walking, this time with a bigger smile on her face.

I eyed her suspiciously but didn't say anything, letting her drag me wherever she wanted to go. I trust her enough to not worry about her 'surprise' for the time being.