Chapter 3

A.N. Unedited

Bold = English , Normal = Korean

=======

"Hi darling, I missed you," my mom said, hugging me tightly.

I hugged her back with the same force replying, "I missed you too, mother."

"Well, you look cute," she winked.

I looked down at my clothes and shrugged. "Not my best work, but thanks," I smiled.

Outfit:

I remembered panicking earlier since I woke up later than I had planned and wasn't able to prepare an outfit for today. The shoot I had ended really late so I just washed up and directly went to bed due to the exhaustion. I didn't put much thought to my outfit when I chose it earlier, but I'm glad my mom finds it cute.

My mom planned to meet me for brunch the other day when I called her to tell her about the job offer from a music company. She didn't want to discuss it over the phone so she planned this brunch of ours since she would be leaving for a week tomorrow for Japan.

When I arrived, she was already sitting at a table near the window. She looks like a tourist from a stranger's perspective. With features like mine, she definitely looks young for a woman in her late 40s.

We speak mostly English when we are together just so I could practice my accent. We lived in Los Angeles for a few years when I was young, so I had the accent when I speak the language. She didn't want me to lose it so we decided to speak English but I always call her mother in Korean.

"Let's order first then talk, okay?" She offered.

I nodded eagerly and ordered. I got eggs benedict and French toast that has strawberries and nutella. I also ordered a matcha latte as my drink. It might be a lot, but I haven't eaten since last night. I might also be a big eater but, thankfully, have really good metabolism.

Of course, as my mom, she knows I have a really big appetite.

"You sure that's it, honey? You can order more, you know."

I looked at the menu again and nodded, "that's it for me, mom."