The boy who wont leave my mind

As I was trying to sleeping that night all I could think about was him. Liam. I can't believe he felt this way about me. All this time I thought he thought of me as a little sister but really he likes me!! That night toss and turn thinking about how I was going to tell him I liked him too. I wasn't sure how to tell him but I knew I had to

                   *********

Even though I didn't get too much sleep last night I'm ready more than ever to go to school. I put on my school uniform, eat breakfast and brush my teeth. When I grab my backpack I hear my brother yell to me "Nealla, Liam is here. He's driving you to school but I have work soon, I'll see you after school" he says while giving me a quick hug. I quickly go to Liams car. Oh no. What if it's awkward. What if he doesn't want to talk to me ever again. Oh no what do I do?!!
As he starts to pull out of the driveway he says "good morning Neals, did you sleep alright?" I give him a strange look. Is he going to pretend nothing happened last night? "Umm I actually couldn't sleep I had something on my mind, how was your sleep Liam?" I say trying to sound interested even though I'm kind of mad at him. "I slept very well last night actually" he says looking straight out at the road.

We are almost at school before I need to ask him something. "Are you just going to pretend like yesterday never happened?!" I yell. He looks surprised that I yelled. "What do you mean Nealla?"
I look at him confused. "You told me you liked me then told me to forget about it because you think I don't like you" I say really fats almost out of breath. "Oh so thats what you meant...well I just assumed it would be weird cause you don't feel the same way". He says. "I never said I didn't like you did I?" I say questioning him. "Well I guess you never technically did" he says a little confused. "Liam.... I like you too. I've liked you for so many years but I thought that you thought of me as a sister. I thought there would be no way you would like me". I say slowly looking at him. He parks the car in the school parking lot before looking at me. "So you're saying you like me too?"
I nod. "Yes Liam, I like-like you"
He turns to me. Looking so happy. "If you don't mind there's something I've been wanting to do for a while" he says moving closer to me. As he leans in I realize what he's doing. I'm so nervous but so excited. I really do like him. He's leans in and kisses me. It's amazing. I feel butterflies 🦋. He pulls away slowly looking at me. His eyes are shining so brightly. We both stare into each other's eyes until we hear the bell ring. We hurry to get out of the car.

******
Later at lunch I go to sit with my best friends Caleb and Peyton. But I notice someone else sitting with them. Usually it's just the three of us. I got to see who it is until I realize. It's him. The guy I bumped into yesterday. Oh god what does he want. I sit down next to Peyton. Glaring at the boy who I dislike a lot. He looks at me and he says "oh hey Cupcake" he says while winking at me. Somehow he seems so familiar I just can't put my finger on it. "You really don't remember me do you?" He says
"Umm no am I supposed to?" I say sounding confused
"It's me Lucas, Lucas woods" I sit there shook. WHAT THE HELL? Lucas woods was my childhood friend. I moved away and we lost touch. He was my best friend from the age of 3 to 12. No wonder I didn't recognize him. Puberty hit him pretty hard. His a lot hotter then most guys at my school. "Holy crap! Lucas ! What the hell are you doing here?" I say before running over to him and giving him a big hug. Luckily he hugs me back looking just as happy as I am. Peyton and Caleb look at me weirdly. I guess they must be really confused. After a few seconds we stop hugging and I sit down beside him. I explain to Peyton and Caleb and Lucas was my childhood best friend. Then I turn back to Lucas. "why are you here? How are you here? I'm so confused"
I say to him. "My mom got a job here so we moved a little while ago". "I didn't notice it was you at first when I bumped into you, I'm sorry for that by the way, then once I realized you looked so familiar it took me a few minutes to figure out it was you" he says to me with a smile on his face. "I can't believe I didn't recognize you, although you do look so much different from when we were 12" I say laughing a little. We catch up over lunch. Once lunch is over we all spilt up and head to our classes

******
After school Lucas pops up behind me with a grin on his face. Oh no I remember that look. Soooo What I forgot to mention is I also used to have a major crush on him...maybe I still do. "Heyyyy Neals, wanna come over to my place and catch up? I've missed you after all this time" he says with a smile on his face. "I would absolutely love to I just need to tell someone they don't need to give me a ride home then I'll head over to your car okay?" I say probably looking super happy that I have my best friend back. I walk over the Liam and say "uhh hey Liam I actually am going to my friends house after school so no need to drive me home". He looks at me confused. "Is this because of the kiss" he says "no trust me it's not but I'm hanging out with a friend but thank you for driving me to school, I appreciate it" I before waking over to Lucas' car.

//______\__________________\\\\

A/N
I really hope you enjoy the new characters