IX

Xu Yang went back to her Palace and told Ji An about the incident.

❝I can't believe it, miss! That bitch dared to frame my Miss with such a low trick! How dare she?!❞ Ji An was more angry that Xu Yang herself and this behaviors made Xu Yang laugh a little.

❝Shush, Ji An. You know you can't say stuff like that, walls have ears.❞

❝But!❞ Ji An's face was red because of anger.

❝Your highness! The emperor send a gift to her majesty!❞ a voice from outside shouted.

Ji An looked puzzled at Xu Yang who shared the same confusion. They stand up and walk outside.

❝Greeting to the Empress.❞ the eunuch said bowing deep.

Two other men were carrying a chest.

❝A gift from his majesty, you said?❞ Xu Yang approached the chest.

It was filled with red, superior quality silk, gold and jade hairpins, a pair of gold earing each having big red rubies and two gold bracelets with emerald.

"Is this how he asks for forgiveness?" Xu Yang scoffed.

❝Is there anything wrong, your highness?❞ the eunuch asked with cold sweat dripping from his forehead.

❝Take the chest back.❞ Xu Yang said cold turning her back to leave.

❝Your highness, his majesty will punish us! Please accept it, we beg of you. ❞the eunuch fell in his knees and put his forehead on the cold ground.

❝Tell him his apologies are not accepted. I won't be bought with expensive gifts.❞

The eunuch and the two other men didn't have a choice but to go back to his majesty and tell him the situation.

❝The Empress said that?❞ Zhang Wan asked.

❝Yes, your highness, this low one doesn't dare to deceive his majesty.❞ the eunuch was on the ground.

❝I see.❞ Zhang Wan looked at the chest and scoffed.

"I can't believe she dares defy me like that. I even apologized to her and she dare not accept my gift? What happened to her, where is this courage coming from?"

❝Leave. ❞he said leaning back in his chair.

The days passed fast and it was time for the two to leave the Empire and meet the Queen.
Zhang Wan and Xu Yang were in the Imperial carriage.
Xu Yang wished to be with her maid, Ji An, and Jiang Meng, but the idiot Emperor said they would share a carriage.
She was looking out of the window and he was looking at her.

❝You said you know the Queen, tell me more about her and how you two met. ❞Zhang Wan said

Xu Yang cursed in her mind, her peace was destroyed by this man.

❝The Queen Mi An is a friendly woman, she treats everyone with respect, even commoners and servants. As friendly as she is, if you offend her, you'll lose your head in the blink of an eye. She is intelligent and fought with multiple Kingdoms in her life as everyone looked down on her because she is a woman, but they were fast shut down by her competence and knowledge. A warrior Queen is a good description for her, she is she best at handling the sword in her Kingdom. Her country loves her deeply. As for how we met...❞

--------—----------------------
❝Xu Yang, this is princess Mi An, why don't you get to know each other?❞ General Xu Ming said looking at his daughter.

❝Sure, father.❞ little Xu Yang said and approached Mi An bowing respectfully.  ❝I'm Xu Yang, general Xu Ming's only daughter and the third child. It's an honor to meet you, princess Mi An. ❞