XI

The two women were now in the carriage on the way to the second noble. Ki Meng, a noble lady, her father owns three popular restaurant and they are doing good financially.

❝It seems like this woman is skilled in scamming, Miss.❞ Jiang Meng said.

Xu Yang smiled.

❝Oh? Intriguing, I wonder what she'll pull on us, keep your eyes on her while we are there. ❞she told Jiang Meng who bowed.

❝What? The Queen is here? For what? Shit, let her in, fast.❞ the woman said getting dressed in something more appropriate.

Mi An and Xu Yang enter the mansion and sat down waiting for Ki Meng.

❝I apologize for making your majesty wait, I wasn't dressed.❞ Ki Meng excused herself, bowed and sat down in front of the two.

Mi An examined the woman up and down. Brown long hair, half put up held by a gold pin, pink cheeks and lips, two big brown eyes and a sly look in her eyes.

❝We don't mind.❞ Mi An said moving her gaze on Xu Yang.

❝Miss Meng, I've heard you have quite a history in scamming people and businesses.❞ Xu Yang said taking a pastry and biting it.

❝They are just rumors... you know people will do anything to bring someone down...❞

❝Sure, of course I know, but this time you chose someone you shouldn't as you enemy, miss Meng. ❞Xu Yang drank the tea not moving her eyes from Ki Meng.

❝I don't believe I know you, Miss. Do you mind telling me your name?❞ Ki Meng said looking at Xu Yang.

❝Xu Yang, The Empress of Xuan. A pleasure to meet you, miss Meng.❞

"Empress of Xuan?? This must be a joke! Why would the Empress of Xuan Empire be here in my house now?"

Convinced Xu Yang was joking, Ki Meng laughed covering her mouth with a fan.

❝Miss, you are very funny. Why would her majesty the Empress be in my house?❞

Mi An chuckled.

❝This isn't a joke, miss Meng. She is the Empress and my dear friend which you managed to anger.❞

Ki Meng swallowed hard and looked at Mi An then Xu Yang.

❝I apologize, your majesty. I truly didn't believed someone such as your majesty will pay a visit to a low miss like me.❞

❝Back on our track, you purchased a painting with tigers two weeks ago from Tarjwin, am I right?❞ Xu Yang asked.

The woman straightened her back looking calm and composed making a face showing she was thinking about Xu Yang's words.

❝I don't remember, I buy many things daily so something from two weeks ago isn't in my mind anymore. ❞

❝Hm, is that so?❞

Xu Yang put her hands on the table gently tapping with her fingers.

❝You bought the painting, took it home, messed it up by pouring ink on the bottom side and then demanded to be payed your money back plus a compensation. ❞Xu Yang continued smiling.

❝Why would I do such thing, your highness? I already have money, so why would I use such a method?❞ the woman defended herself.

Xu Yang chuckled.

❝That's what I asked myself too, miss Meng. Then I discovered your money are cut short by your father because you caused problems in the past nearly making your family business go bankrupt. ❞