bonus chapter

❝Sister Yang! I came with gifts!❞ Xu Wuxian exclaimed excited and ran towards his sister who rested on a sofa outside, admiring the pod with koi fish.

❝Ji An, prepare tea for brother.❞ Xu Yang said smiling and put her tea cup on the table.

❝You're late as always, younger brother.❞ Xu Jiang said looking at Wuxian.

Wuxian stuck out his tongue and sat down next to Xu Yang ignoring Xu Jiang.

❝Mind your manners, Wuxian!❞ Jiang exclaimed angrily.

❝Are you two fighting again? You shouldn't tire older sister anymore.❞ Xu Cheng said entering the yard and scolded his older brothers.

Xu Jiang scoffed and continued to drink his tea silently.

❝How is older sister feeling? You stomach is bigger than the last time I saw you, my nephew must be a strong one.❞ Xu Cheng said and sat down smiling.

Ji An server tea to Xu Wuxian and Xu Cheng.

❝Where is brother-in-law?❞ Wuxian asked tasting the tea.

❝He is out with bussines, he should be back tonight. ❞Xu Yang answered and took a pastry to eat.

❝Tsk, shouldn't he stay with you? You're pregnant.❞ Xu Jiang said.

❝I'm fine, brother, I have Ji An and the other servants to help.❞ Yang said, smiling at her brother's concern for her.

❝I heard brother-in-law's bussines it's going good, congratulations.❞ Cheng praised smiling.

❝Thank you brother. By the way, how is mother and father doing? Are they well?❞ Xu Yang asked.

It's been one year since Xu Yang, Jiang Meng and Ji An left Xuan and lived in Saju. Since they left they haven't gone back, Xu Yang saw her family when they came for her wedding.

❝They're well, father complains everyday that he can't be closer to you. He said after you give birth he plans on staying here a while to spend time with the child.❞Cheng explained.

❝I see, tell him he is welcome to visit any time. I also miss them.❞

Xu Yang reached for her tea cup when she felt a sharp pain in her lower abdomen.

The brothers noticed her pained face.

❝Sister? What happened?❞ Jiang asked anxious.

❝Miss, your water broke! Quick, get miss in the room! I'll go call the midwife!❞Ji An exclaimed panicked and rushed to get the midwife.

❝Hold onto me sister.❞ Wuxian helped Xu Yang get up.

Xu Yang held into his arm and slowly walked while holding her stomach.

❝Send someone to call brother-in-law here!❞ Xu Cheng ordered a servant and walked next to Xu Yang holding her free arm for support.

Soon after Xu Yang reached the room Ji An came back with the midwife and other female servants. They helped her undress and sit properly.

❝Hold my hand miss.❞ Ji An said offering her hand with tears in her eyes.

❝Did someone announced Jiang?❞ Xu Yang asked between gasps and whimpers.

❝Yes, miss, young master Cheng sent a servant to announce master Jiang Meng.❞

The midwife gave directions to Xu Yang on how to breathe and push and Yang did as told. Her screams of pain made the three brothers even more anxious.