8- Wake

The group had set up in a tiny town once again, after Seven had learned he was out for a week and a half. He learned that Techno let it slip about what really went on in that city, and the trio that had set out to find it decided against going there.

Seven was laying on the bed in the room he had managed to grab for him and his companion, just the two of them, Seven wanted to talk.

"Seven?" Came the monotone voice that the other loved to hear "Are you asleep?"

"No." The older looked at the taller, locking eyes "We need to talk." He watched as the other went rigid, knowing what he wanted to talk about. "You seem to be more worried about me than usual. What happened back at my room, Techno?" Seven knew the other must know, he usually did.

The younger look down, seeming to try and calm himself down. "I watched you get stabbed." His voice was quieter than Seven had ever heard it, so quiet he almost missed it, full of emotion that Seven was used to. "I watched as you fell to the floor, and I murdered him." His hands balled into fists "I ran with you in my arms, to your friends and we tried to fix you up until we could get back to Phil, but you were losing a lot of blood..." Seven watched as a tear hit the ground as the other spilled his worry, the older getting into a sitting position on the bed in front of his companion. "You were unresponsive as we got you to Phil, and I thought you died!" Techno's hands reached forward quickly and grabbed the older's shirt, now looking straight into the other's eyes "You fucking scared me, Seven! And here you are, acting like you're alright! like nothing happened, when I could have lost you again, right in font of my eyes!" Techno pulled the other closer, their faces now only inches apart "Why can't you just rest for once?!"

Seven was shocked. Not only did he almost die, but Techno wan't usually like this. He was usually quieter and more anxious to talk around others, even Seven himself at some points.

"I... could have died?" Sure, it was a possibility in his hazy mind, something that he attributed to the blood loss he now learned about, but he didn't think it was that bad. "I was stabbed?" Seven had never felt so confused before. He had never felt like that when he was losing blood, so was he numb to pain, or had he given up?

"You idiot." Techno pulled the other in for a hug, something he usually wouldn't do, however himself and Seven had been through more than anyone would think in their time together "You absolute idiot."

Seven chuckled softly, much to the anger of the other, but he didn't express it.

"What's funny?" Techno asked with a frustrated sigh

"Just that your cute when you worry s'all." Seven replied quietly "I'm alright, really. You worry too much."

Seven felt a sharp pain as the other punched his wound, hissing before realizing that was the reaction Techno was looking for. The latter raised an eyebrow at Seven, waiting for his answer to that.

"You're a dick." Seven huffed "Now m'chest hurts like a bitch."

Techno chuckled, but let out a quiet, startled yell when he was suddenly pulled down into a bear hug from the smaller, now stuck.

And Seven wasn't letting go for a long time

~<^>~

"Seven! Poke's trying to kill me!" Seven learned several thing that had happened while he was out.

"YOU DESERVE IT FOR POURING THAT EXPIRED SHIT ALL OVER MY STUFF!" First, Pokay, Beef Stew and the five that had been rescued before all knew each other.

"Hey, calm down now-" Second, Joko, the male that Seven had saved from being crushed, really tried to stop the fights between Pokay and Cooper, he was used to it and almost succeeded every time.