CHAPTER ONE

Hogwarts was quite the festive place, you knew. It was evident during Halloween when pumpkins littered through the hallways and during Christmas when carols were sung across the halls, whether they be ones all wizards know or ones that muggleborn students introduced to their peers.

When you first came to the school for witchcraft and wizardry, you rode on a small boat, rowed towards the school with Rowan and Andre- who you weren't familiar with at the time.

Now you were about to row away, without Rowan, graduating from Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. After 7 years you would touch those old rowboats again, but this time you would sail away. Away from the place you'd called your home for 7 years, ever since you were 11.

"Hey." You didn't need to turn around to know who it was. "You packed up yet?"

"Not yet," you answered, picking at your nails.

Charlie chuckled, taking a seat next to you. "Doing things last minute isn't really like you." You didn't answer or look at him, but you could practically feel his gaze. Heat was slowly rising to your face as you tried not to look, so you finally spoke after a moment of silence.

"I just don't want to leave so soon." You sighed, finally turning to look at him. "It feels like we just got here but it also feels like it's been an eternity."

Charlie hummed, not looking at you, instead at the open window through the astronomy tower. "I get why. You've been through a lot. Especially the past year."

"How are you feeling?" You asked, looking up now as well. Years of astronomy classes you'd sat through, and yet you were still clueless about the stars you were seeing. All that processed through your head was that they were pretty, and that if you looked at them it wouldn't be awkward to have the conversation you were having.

"A bit upset, I won't lie," Charlie chuckled. "I mean, we're finally leaving, this place has kind of been our home away from home, yeah?"

"Yeah," you muttered, rubbing your hands together. "And I guess you're still bummed right?"

Charlie had gotten a rejection letter from a Norwegian Dragon Reserve. It wasn't his first option, but it still upset him greatly, making him doubt his abilities. As much as you hated to admit it, you weren't much help in comforting him as you were caught up with your own activities in the Circle of Khanna. It had disbanded a few weeks ago, once everyone agreed everything was done. The conflicts were over, the vaults were found, the mysteries were uncovered.

"Of course I'm bummed," Charlie slumped. "We're all bummed, Y/N. We have no idea where we're going. Everything was certain before. The next year we'd come back to Hogwarts, find vaults, be bloody idiots and get ourselves into trouble. But now it's like..."

You laughed to yourself softly. "It's like looking into a crystal orb."

Charlie snapped his fingers, straightening his back. "Exactly that. It's all foggy."

You glanced back at the clock in the astronomy tower. "It's almost time to go."

Charlie followed your line of sight, before his face broke out into a grin that could rival the twins'. "Are you joking? We've got an hour." You looked at him, expectant, as he stood up and grabbed your arm, pulling you up as well.

"Oi, watch it," you snapped half heartedly as you brushed off your robes- you weren't ready to take them off yet. Charlie laughed as he grabbed your hand and pulled you away, towards the ladder. As he let go of your hand and started climbing down, he called out to you.

"We've still got an hour! We can visit all of Hogwarts in that time." You laughed hesitantly, not sure if he was joking or not. "We'll never get there if you're this slow L/N!"