CHAPTER FIVE

"Charles!" You'd rushed into the dragon reserve, when Romeo had sent you a letter. You cursed the wizards way to communicate; he'd been horribly burnt a few days ago but Romeo's letter had only came today.

The people in the reserves tent all turned to look at you, not with much surprise. They seemed like they'd expected you. "Charlie's in the hospital tent L/N," Micheal, an older worker, informed you.

You quickly thanked him before running over to the reserve, tripping over your own feet once you'd found it. As you stumbled into the tent, your eyes scanned all the hospital beds, with doctors and nurses healing the people who had gotten burned, or scratched or worse.

"Excuse me! Ms, you can't be in here!" One of the nurses yelled at you from the person she was working on.

"I'm looking for Charlie!" You yelled back, so she could hear you.

She pointed to the side, not looking back at you. "He's in the healing tent next door!"

You thanked her as well, before running out and heading to the next tent which was a good 20 miles away. Before you stepped inside, you heard someones laugh. Immediately, your head whipped to the side. You went around the tent, closing in on the voice you heard.

"Charlie?" You called out, hesitantly.

The sound of talking lowered. Then, someone called out for you. "Y/N?"

You took a turn and saw Charlie, behind the tent, with a few other patients. Taking a brief look at your devastated face, the friends got up and started heading back into the tent, the last one patting Charlie on the back lightly.

"Dragostea," Charlie sighed, once they were all gone. He opened his arms for you, and you walked over quickly, taking a seat on the floor and wrapping your arms around his middle. Charlie bit his tongue to hold back a hiss and ran his finger up and down your spine. "Love, c'mon... I'm fine."

You shook your head, your nose tickling his stomach. Charlie had gotten burns before, and while they weren't as bad as the new one he'd gotten, and he had expected you to be a bit mad that he didn't tell you right away, he didn't expect you to be this upset.

Charlie lowered his head, to whisper into your ear. "Are you mad at me?" You shook your head again. "C'mon, love, you gotta tell me what's wrong."

"Why didn't you tell me?" You whispered, voice wobbling. Charlie looked down on you, a little stunned. Were you crying? "Why did I have to hear it from Romeo, of all people."

"I'm sorry dragostea," Charlie said, patting your back lightly. "I didn't want to worry you while you were at work. It wasn't really that bad so..." Then it dawned on Charlie why you were so upset. "Oh... Oh no, love, c'mon..." He wrapped his arms around your shoulders, squeezing you when he felt you shake. "You'll be alright, it's alright, I'm sorry."

"I thought," you hicupped, voice muffled in Charlie's sweater. "I was already on edge... and then I saw the le... the letter."

"I'm so so sorry," Charlie whispered. "Do you want to go home?"

"I..." You gulped at the word home. "I want to see her again."

Charlie held you tightly. He wished he could bring her back. "I know. I'm sorry."

Today was the day Rowan died.

"Darling, did you see Ron's letter?" Charlie asked as he looked through the letters you'd put for him in a pile. You shook your head, confused as to why he was grinning. "Ron needs me to smuggle a dragon out of Hogwarts."