CHAPTER SIX

"Norbert's his name?" You asked softly, as you looked over to the kids who'd given you the dragon. The bushy haired girl nodded.

"He's a Norwegian Norback," she answered, pulling at her robes nervously.

You gave out your hand to shake hers. "It's alright, we'll get him away unnoticed, I promise."

Hermione looked down at her robes, noticing what she was doing subconsciously. She shook her head before shaking your hand. "Sorry, I- I'm a... I really look up to you."

You looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "Really?"

"I read about you in a Magical History of the 20th century," she blushed. "It's the most recent volume and it puts you in a great light, compared to the volume before with your brother! You're absolutely fantastic!"

"Thank you er... um?"

"Hermione Granger," she shook your hand firmly, a proud smile on her face. "I'm muggleborn, like you."

"Well, Hermione," you pat her shoulder. "Try not to get into as much trouble as I did, yeah?"

She nodded, grinning toothily. You moved to Harry, shaking his hand as well. "Nice to meet you Harry," you smiled. "I bet the attention is quite overbearing, yeah?"

Harry spluttered nervously for a second before agreeing. "Yeah," he sighed breathily. "Are any of you Charlie?" He looked back at you, where Barnaby locking the cage where Norbert was put in, Romeo was tightening the rope, and Ben put a charm on it so it wouldn't hurt too much.

"Oh no," Merula snuck into the conversation, while she shook Hermione's hand. "He's a Weasley, you'd be able to tell the second you saw him."

She gave her hand out to Harry, who shook it hesitantly. "I'm Merula Snyde. You're in Malfoy's year, right?"

"You know Draco?" Harry asked, his interest seeming to have peaked.

Merula nodded, scowling. "If you see the kid, try and hex him for me yeah? I'm not allowed to cause I'm of age or whatever."

You laughed awkwardly. "Sorry, we don't- well we didn't have the best experience with him when we were younger. Had to babysit him once."

"You babysat Malfoy?" Harry asked, a grin growing on his face.

"Yeah, and he was a little bastard," Merula crossed her arms, the memory of his attitude pissing her off.

"Mind you, you weren't as sweet as him either," you reminded her, bumping her elbow with yours.

"What house were you both in?" Hermione asked. "For some reason they didn't write it down in the textbook."

You gasped dramatically. "They- what? Those bastards!"

"That's the easiest information to get about her," Merula agreed, turning to the two kids. "You two are Gryffindors?" She said, glancing at their robes.

They nodded, and Merula looked down at them disapprovingly. You shoved her again, this time a bit harder. "Sorry about her," you shook your head. "It's just textbooks always seem to favour the Gryffindors... honestly, everyone does."

"So you're not Gryffindors?" Harry asked, curious.

You nodded. "I was in Hufflepuff, and so is the potions girl, Penny, over there. Merula and Barnaby were Slytherins and Ben was Gryffindor. Charlie was too, but I'm sure you know that already."

"Slytherin?" Hermione asked, eyeing Merula cautiously. Merula stepped forward, puffing out her chest but you put your hand in front of her.

"Believe it or not, not all Slytherin's are shitty people. They're just easily influenced." Merula punched you playfully, chuckling slightly with you. Hermione and Harry watched the interaction like it was a red moon. You looked around, remembering a certain redhead. "Oh right, where's Ron?"