Prequel

(Melinda May)
May stirred slightly and sighed. One hand was under her pillow while another rested above her pillow. It was warm, and May felt like she was cooking in her own bed. She flung one sheet off with an annoyed scoff.

She flopped herself back down and tried to sleep again. Nothing but more heat. May began to get annoyed so she flung all of the sheets off of her body. Someone groaned next to her and May turned her head to the right. Coulson was sitting there his eyes were opened.

"Sorry.." May murmured, her voice nothing but a soft whisper: She felt guilty for waking him. Coulson rubbed his eyes and sat up.

"It's alright, I'm sure I needed to get up." He yawned. May and Coulson had been together for a few months now, which was crazy for May to think about. He turned to her in slight concern.

"A nightmare?" He asked gently. May shook her head slightly. She had been having a lot of dreams of afterlife lately. Which weren't that great. Lis and Liana were jailed a few months ago in a containment facility that Coulson had convinced General Talbot to build for them. Jaiying and Gordon were with the ATCU and trapped in the weird gel containment thing. Daisy had chosen to put them in there given the fact she had given May the permission to chose the other two for her.

"No, luckily. I was burning up." She explained. Coulson looked at her like she was crazy.

"Really? It's cold in here." He protested. May scoffed.

"You're in shorts and a T-shirt." She whispered tiredly. May was in a long sleeved baggy sweatshirt and leggings. She didn't know why she had chosen to wear that. She just threw on something comfortable and got in bed. Coulson chuckled a checked his phone.

"It's three in the morning Melinda, you couldn't have gone two more hours?" He joked. May scoffed a bit before flopping back onto the bed.

"I was suffering for more than five hours in this heat machine." She shot back. Coulson snaked an arm around her head and pulled her close. May wrapped her arms around his back and hugged him.

"Get some sleep, I need to get up anyways." He said as he slid himself away from May. May laid there watching him get up.

"I'm wide awake, I won't be able to sleep." She lied. Coulson just smirked. He bent down and pressed his lips to hers. She didn't refuse, she put one hand on the back of his head and sighed when they broke apart.

"It'll come to you." He promised. Coulson left the room a few moments later and left May to think to herself. Everything was going perfectly for the first time in forever in her life. Of course there were some ups and downs but that's just life in general.

(Philip J. Coulson)
Coulson made it down most of the hallway. A small grin never left his bright face. Even whenever his phone began vibrating he kept a warm smile.

Coulson carefully rounded the corner as he pocketed his phone out of the back of his jeans. He pulled the phone up to his face to see a small name on the screen.

General Talbot.

Coulson quickly answered the phone and brought it up to his ear.

"What tragedies have you come to accuse us of this time?" He teased as he walked into the lounge. Talbot scoffed from the other side of the phone.

"I'm afraid that's not why I'm calling you Coulson. I need a favor and I needed it a week ago."

Coulson scrunched up his eyebrows and made his way farther into the lounge

"Right what's the favor again?" He questioned.

"Come on Coulson I told you this four days ago damnit. I need one of your S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to get their asses down here and interrogate these damn inhumans. I'm not letting my men anywhere near those psychopaths."

Coulson slowed his pace just as he was nearing the staircase. His grin slowly faded as he brought one hand up to rest on the railing.

"Cmon Talbot please. You don't want my inhumans to come, you don't want anyone. It's as if you want me to choose May. I'm not doing that to her." He mumbled seriously. Talbot let out a deep sigh from the other end of the phone.

"Coulson your not getting any answers from me. So either come do it yourself, or just let them rot without getting answers..."

And with that, he hung up. Leaving Coulson in an irritable silence.