Zhan and Phun

It's been two years since Wang Yibo left. Two years since Xiao Zhan  has not had a best friend or a friend as a matter of fact. There was  never a day when Zhan didn't miss Yibo but he could never contact him  all this time. It's like he doesn't want to be found.

Zhan  finished college and is struggling to build his career as a designer. He  has taken up a job in Yu Bin's company.. or to be exact...his Father's  company. Zhan needed the money after mortgaging a new apartment for him  and his boyfriend to live comfortably when they decided to move in  together. They started living together right after college and recently  moved into their new home which was a high rise building overlooking the  jogger's park nearby.

He likes his job, he likes painting murals  and designing spaces for a living but it wasn't his passion. Zhan had  pretty much given up on his dreams of a singing career after Yibo left.  It just wasn't the same without Yibo next to him. He liked singing the  songs Yibo wrote for him, he doesn't feel the same excitement without  Yibo anymore.

He would have popped the question and married Phun  if gay marriage was legal in China. But they were happy with what they  have now. Phun's parent's were more accepting. Even though Zhan's Mom  has come around finally she still does not approve fully, still keeps  her distance from his family. Past 2 years have been nothing more than  amazing for Zhan and Phun. They were in love, their passion for each  other never dying down. Their kisses were still as electrifying as they  were back in college when they first fell in love. Zhan loved kissing  Phun senseless and devouring him whenever they meet. It's been four  months since Phun took up a high paying job in Shanghai. They did not  plan on a long distance relationship when they moved in together but  somehow Phun could not decline the offer in hopes for a better, secure  future for the both of them. Long distance, was not too bad. They texted  each other and video called as much as possible and met every other  weekend.

———————————————————

Xiao Zhan's latest project was a simple one, he had to paint a mural on  the side wall of a small cafe run by an old lady. It wasn't as simple  once he started painting though, he got lost in the work so much that he  missed numerous texts and calls from Phun. He did not snap out of it  until Yu Bin came to check up on him after receiving a call from Phun.  He finally stopped for the night, called back Phun and after reassuring  him that he was still alive and kicking, Zhan and Yu Bin found a  restaurant nearby to grab some dinner and beer.

Yu Bin and Zhan  were a pretty good team at work. They've known each other since college,  so they were more than just colleagues from work. But they rarely get  to hang out as Zhan had Phun over for the weekends and Yu Bin had  recently started dating a final year college student. She recently moved  into the same building as him and they instantly kicked it off and  started dating within a week.

This weekend was going to be  different though, they had been planning a double date for weeks now.  And the coming Saturday happens to be Zhan and Phun's second  anniversary, so they decided to go on a picnic to a nearby resort  outside the city. The resort happens to be in Yu Bin's hometown, they  are tagging along so he can introduce his girl friend to his grand  mother. They would spend the Saturday by themselves and get together  with Zhan and Phun on Sunday for a double date. By the end of dinner,  all the plans have been laid out... where to meet and when. They had to  leave early in the morning, so they called it a night early.

Zhan  got home and started packing for the upcoming trip while waiting for  Phun. His flight was delayed so he would only reach by 1am. Once he was  done with packing, he grabbed a book to read but slowly drifted to sleep  while waiting for Phun.

It was almost 2:30 am by the time Phun  got home, he tried to be as quiet as possible not to wake up Zhan. He  changed and got into bed and into Zhan's arms quietly but Zhan stirred  and woke up in an instant.