Feelings

Yibo wanted to forget everything that happened the previous night. It  was an impulsive action to hug the crying Zhan. Drunk or not, whatever  Zhan said did not matter anymore. At the end of the night, he was  missing Phun. He was still thinking about Phun. Zhan was still in love  with Phun. Yibo knows that Zhan has to eventually get over his dead boy  friend but he wasn't sure when or how that will happen. Zhan has to move  on with his life someday. Will Yibo be part of that life when he does?

Yibo just wanted Zhan to be happy. With or without him. He wanted to  see Zhan truly happy before he walked out of his life again.

Yibo had conflicted feelings, should he try to help Zhan move on from  Phun? Or should he wait around until Zhan comes around? What if Zhan  chooses someone else again? May be he should confess to Zhan finally  this time. But what if he is rejected? What if Zhan still thinks of him  as just a friend? Yibo's head hurt with all these thoughts.

When he walked to his bedroom to check up on Zhan in the morning,  Zhan was already gone and he found a note on the bed "See you tomorrow  in the office".

Yibo hoped Zhan wouldn't remember last night.

————————

Zhan woke up in Yibo's bedroom once again and thought this is  becoming a habit now and I better stop it! All the memories from last  night suddenly flashed before him. He telling Yibo how much he missed  him all these years and Yibo hugging him tightly and apologizing. He  felt warm and nice when Yibo hugged him. He never wanted to leave his  embrace. Zhan was also confused about his feelings. Was he just elated  that his best friend was back in his life and comforting him or was it  something more? He didn't dare to face Yibo that morning and so he snuck  out quietly.

Zhan went to Yibo's office that afternoon to set up his equipment for  the next day. He wanted to make sure that everything is set up and  ready before he starts painting the mural next day. He was almost done  with setting up his stuff when he heard a noise coming from Yibo's  office and went over to check. Zhan was quite shocked to see Yibo,  working on a Sunday evening.

"Oh! Didn't expect to see you here today" Zhan said opening the glass door.

Yibo was surprised to see Zhan there. "Zhan.. what are you doing here?"

"I'm just here to do some prep work before I start my work tomorrow. What about you?"

"I'm just here to collect some files."

Zhan finally noticed that Yin was glaring at him again. "Yin, why  don't you bring the car upfront, I'm done here. We can get back home"  Yibo said a little distracted. When Zhan saw Yin walk out of the room,  he finally took the opportunity to ask Yibo about him.

"What is the deal with him, Yibo? Why does he hate me so much. He was  friendly for sure when we first met. Did I offend him somehow? Please  do tell me if you know Yibo, I would like to apologize. I don't want to  make things weird. We need to work together for the next 4-5 weeks at  least." Zhan confronted Yibo

"Ignore him Zhan. He's just too over protective of me, nothing much"

"Over protective? Does that mean.. he thinks that I'm going to hurt you somehow? Why would he think that Yibo?"

Yibo didn't know how to answer that. He was more interested in  knowing if Zhan remembered anything from last night. But he did not want  to press on it. He just repeated "Ignore him, Zhan. Are you done for  the night? Do you need a ride?"

"I'm done and I also have my own ride Yibo. You carry on, I will see  you tomorrow"  Zhan said as they walked out of the office together.

———————-