Chapter 20

ANYA FOUND SAUL, THE TWOwalking along until they found Sky

walking along until they found Sky.

They had to make sure he was okay, even though they knee that he would be able to handle himself in front of the Burned Ones.

"Do you think the barricade will hold?" Sky questioned as they walked through the troops.

He wasn't sure but he knew that Anya was stressed out, she clutched her armour as her hands shook. She was petrified, for Sam, for everyone.

He knew how much Terra, Sam and Ben meant to her and how she counted them as a second family so he couldn't imagine how she was feeling knowing that Sam may not be okay.

"For a while," Saul said. He looked down, seeing Anyas shaking hand before grabbing hold of it, caressing the back of her hand with his thumb.

He stopped, looking at Sky, "I don't know how this night will end Sky so we need to tell you the truth about Aster Dell," Saul explained and Anya tensed up.

"I should go," she said, not wanting to interrupt their moment and also wanting to check on Sam. He was like a son to her and she couldn't believe he might die.

"No, it's your story too. Sky deserves to hear it from us," Saul said and she nodded her head.

"Bloom told me everything already," Sky explained but Saul shook his head, there was more to this story.

"Aster Dell is where Andreas died," Saul explained and Anya tensed up, not wanting to hear about Andreas.

"What? How is that possible?" Sky asked, "You said my dad died in a battle, fighting,"

Anya hated that he was going to find out that everything they had told him about his dad really was a lie.

"He did," Saul explained, looking at Anya for reassurance before turning to look at Sky, "I had to run back to Farah, Ben and Anya. I thought I could stop them in time but it was too late"

"Saul" Andreas called out, chasing after Saul as he went to try to stop Rosalind from tricking everyone into killing the people in Aster Dell.

"There are still people back there. They didn't evacuate Andreas," Saul explained. He couldn't leave those innocent people to die, he couldn't. "We have to tell Rosalind.

"She knows," Andreas explained, him and Saul face to face now.

"Anya, Farah and Ben think they're only killing Burned Ones. They'll kill hundreds of people," Saul said, his voice breaking slightly.

He couldn't imagine having to kill all of those innocent people and he didn't want Anya to have to do it without realising.

"Rosalind has given her orders," Andreas stated, standing firm with his decision.

"Her orders are wrong!" Saul yelled, taking a deep breath, "I know Rosalind gave you a sense of purpose, I know you're indebted to her but this is too far."

Andreas didn't like that comment. He knew that Saul was jealous of what had been going on between him and Anya

Andreas pushed Saul back, "I can't let you tell them Saul, I can't let you tell Anya,"

"Andreas, you have a choice. Your orders or your morals," Saul said but Andreas didn't change, "Don't do this,"

"I'm sorry," Andreas said, a blank expression on his face as he ran at Saul, the two engaging in a fight.

"Andreas, please," Saul begged but Andreas pulled his sword out, Saul being forced to follow suit.

They started a sword fight, but Saul had always been the better fighter. And he stabbed Andreas in the stomach, staring at his best friend.

"I had to run back to Anya and Farah and Ben. I thought I could stop them in time but I was too late," he explained.

"Saul told me afterwards what had happened. It was the worst day of my life, everything fell apart for all of us," Anya explained.

"You told me my dad was a hero," Sky stated with an angry and bitter tone and Saul nodded his head.

"Andreas saved countless lives before that day Sky. He killed more Burned Ones than any of us but he was flawed," Saul explained, his heart breaking as he had to tell Sky this news.

He knew that he would have to tell Sky about his father eventually, but this wasn't how he wanted to do it.

"Flawed?" Sky asked, glaring at Saul, "He killed hundreds of people and you killed him,"

He ignored Anya, like she wasn't even there, like she didn't have a part in this story. Like Andreas hadn't manipulated her for the years past and had left her in ruins.

He didn't know all of the secrets yet. Anya held one about Sky and his past that she would never be able to tell him.

Rosalinds magic kept her from ever being able to tell him the truth about his parentage and the things Andreas had done to his mother.

"And all I get from you is you're both flawed," Sky said before turning to Anya, "And what about you, did you know?"

"I didn't know until afterwards, Saul explained the whole thing to me. Your father meant so much to all of us," she explained and Sky scoffed.

"What the fuck am I supposed to do with that?" He asked before an echo of snarling Burned Ones ran through the school.

She wanted to cry and break down at the fact that she had ruined everything he had ever known about life. Her son in every way that counts.

"They're here," Saul said and the students all went into the middle of the courtyard.

"Saul," she said and he stopped, watching as she just pulled him in for a tear filled kiss

"I love you," she whispered against his lips and he sighed.

"I love you too," he replied, pulling her in for another kiss before they walked off, hand in hand, "I'm not going down without a fight,"

She chuckled, "I never expected anything less. Now let's give em hell,"

990 words