- 𝚍𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚝𝚌𝚑 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚝

º𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 1

- ✰ you'd already made quite the name for yourself at S in the past year, or that's what you liked to think anyway. you even had an epithet at S that derived from you asking for the same exact reward in every single beef. S was... like an escape for you. you already had a busy schedule as it was, with school, dance, skate practice, and your overbearing grandmothers and uncle.

though S was fun for you, your first beef with chinen gave people the impression that you were a pushover, that they could get an easy win out of you.

but when it came to beefs, you more carefully chose your battles. you regularly chose to beef with people who would challenge you enough to keep you entertained, but not enough that you would actually lose to them.

you were currently on your way to school, you had to fix your schedule due to the change in your dance class times. you sighed at the thought of the hassle, but quickly snapped out of your zone to check the time on your phone. "shit, i'll be late for class if i keep up with this pace," you thought out loud. you dropped your skateboard, planning to skate the rest of the way there to meet up with your friends at the front of the school. 

skating was actually faster than you expected; you had plenty of time before classes started to talk to your friends. you had three friends at school, each having their own unique interests that correlated with yours. mia, your friend who you bonded over games with— josie, a friend you made in dance class— and amber, who you occasionally skated together with. the four of you formed quite a—how would you put it— "unique" group. the only problem was that you didn't get to spend much casual time with them.

"y/n, you should probably get a new skateboard," amber pointed at the board you carried as she looked over your shoulder. "oh... yea, maybe i should," you murmured, feeling up the board and noticing the rough and chipped parts. you hadn't considered the damage you'd been doing to your skateboard, but now was probably the time to get a new one. you sighed at the inconvenience. 'a new skateboard...' you pulled out your phone, trying to remember if you'd seen any skateboard shops around the area. "dope sketch" was the closest one, according to your phone. 'thank god, it's not that far...'

miya chinen didn't like being around you. not because you did anything wrong, though; it was that he always felt overwhelming guilt whenever he looked at you. 

he just pushed another person away, and who knows— you full-well could have been friends if he wasn't so stubborn to accept your offer. what was even worse was that you seemed to hate him, which was like putting salt on a wound that's been bleeding out for years.

he really hated caring about this; after all, he didn't need friends anyway.

miya was sitting at the bus stop, scrolling and messing around on the S website to relieve his boredom. apparently a rookie beat shadow, which- was certainly not a likely thing to happen. miya smirked with amusement. so the rookie was a snowboarder... a baseball flew into the air, and miya caught it swiftly, using his skateboard as support. "that's fine. i'll play along with this." 

you had just gotten out of dance class and you were tired as hell. all you wanted to do was skate home and rest but you were already on your way to dope sketch for a new skateboard. you opened the door to the shop, met with a bright colors and a variety of skateboards and other various things on display.

  you looked for the counter, not expecting a redheaded boy to be fanboying over you. "you're-! her majesty. i'm one of your biggest fans!" the boy was practically crying in happiness. another boy walked in from the back, questioning the situation. "who is this, reki?" he asked. the boy looked to be about the same age as "reki", though his hair, sky blue and neatly kept, contrasted with the other's, who's was red and unkempt. "this is her majesty, or the princess of  S. she's one of the rising stars at S and has never lost a beef since her very first!" reki explained to the blue one, excitement in his eyes.

  you stood there awkwardly,  not exactly sure how to contribute to the conversation. but to be honest, you were pretty flattered. you weren't really expecting to meet a fan. "hey, err, 'your majesty'... would you be willing to go against me in a beef?" the blue one suddenly asked, looking hopeful. "ohhhhh, uhhh, yeah... no." you didn't know how to politely turn him down but you had no other choice. you'd never do a random beef again— you'd already learned your lesson.

"oh," he mumbled, disappointedly looking down. you eyed him, wondering about the slight accent in his voice and the subtle shakiness of his japanese. "hey, are you... american?" you asked, pointing a finger at the boy. "no, i'm canadian." he responded in english. your eyes widened. "really, that so?" you were both speaking english now. "yes." he replied. as you continued to make conversation, a confused reki was desperately trying to follow what you were saying.

after conversing for a little and introducing yourselves, you turned back to reki. "could i get a commission for a board?" you asked. "sure you can, how much do you got on ya?" he spoke in a very casual but somewhat charming way. "about... 11,000 yen?" (that's around $100) reki nodded. "perfect! just point at anything from the catalog and i'll have it done in a few weeks!" he spoke with a cheerful smile.

"oh crap, i forgot to introduce my self!!" reki exclaimed. you already new both their names, but it looked like he hadn't caught on. oh well. "i'm reki kyan, and this is my good friend langa!" he gestured to langa, the blue one. "i'm langa hasegawa" he spoke nonchalantly, though he bowed politely.

once picking out what you wanted from the catalog, you thanked the two boys and left the store as quickly as you could. hopefully it wasn't getting too dark. "they were pretty nice people." you mumbled to yourself. you looked up, gazing at the sky which had turned orange. the sun was setting. you smiled to yourself before grabbing your skateboard, ready to get home before it actually got dark.

1117 words

sorry for giving you slow burn but this the end of the first chapter, and the longest thing i have ever written.