- 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎

º𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 4

- ✰ you looked out the window of your limo, ignoring your uncle as he tried to make eye contact with you. you'd forgotten he was going to your school today... how bothersome. you really didn't want to see him today. or any day, for that matter. it was probably some political stuff he was doing for his campaign so you didn't bother to find out. "good morning, y/n." your uncle spoke. "how's school been?" you frowned to yourself, saying nothing in response. "must i be ignored?" he pushed. still no response from you. you didn't care to speak to him, no matter how much he wanted to talk to you. you heard him sigh, but he tried again. "y/n! y/n..." he repeated, so persistently. you turned to him, the blankest expression on your face, and he pouted. "how cold..." how ugly.

you turned around, not in the mood to look at your uncle, trying to think about other, more positive things. you were pretty sure you had the weekend free for yourself, which meant you could play video games and skate as much as you wanted with the plus of going back to S. that was good. but your thoughts trailed, thinking back to yesterday night. would langa really go up against chinen? if he plans to, he might as well forfeit before the match... you'd rather not watch your new friend lose to chinen. 'maybe i can talk him out of it.' you thought. although... maybe if reki couldn't, it was hopeless for you. you spaced out a bit, but snapped back to reality as the limo parked in front of your school building. "have a good day at sch-!" you stuck your tongue out at him slammed the car door in your annoying uncle's face, mid-sentence.

'class is going to start soon.' you thought, but didn't speed up at all as you scrolled through your instagram feed. 'is this another one of chinen's competitions?' you ended up on one of those repost instagram pages, the theme of this one being skateboarding competitions. you hadn't really looked into chinen much but you kinda wished you had the opportunity to get to know him. maybe it was a bit much to actually seek out videos of him, though... 'what am I thinking, it's not weird at all! it's just that he's cool and stuff...' you stopped walking, pressing your hand up against the wall. 'nonono, sure, maybe he's kind of cool, but he was a total jerk to me when I asked him to be friends.' you tried to think logically but the airhead in you kept jumbling your thoughts and in the end, you sort of wanted to try being friends again. he already said no, but... man, this was frustrating. 'i should just stop thinking about that guy... '

"y/n!!!" a familiar voice called out, and you turned to greet your friend with a smile. "oh, amber-" you tried, but she was already grabbing your hand and dragging you with her. "amber??? hey-!" "y/n, you idiot!!" she exclaimed. "the bell already rung, get your ass to class!" amber literally *threw* you into your classroom, running off to get to her own, and the force probably would've broken the door down if it wasn't already open. you wobbled in, and the class stared as your cheeks started to burn up. "h-" you fixed your posture. "hey..."

you'd walked out of your dance class, the last class of the day, the events of this morning still on your mind. you told josephine about it during your dance break, and you almost got yelled at by the teacher as you shook your friend to try and get her to stop laughing. 'i hate my friends...' you thought to yourself, but you knew it wasn't true. they were probably the most important people to you, really.

you knew you'd be going to S tonight, so you'd previously called your mom to tell her you were staying at mia's place, which you always did to cover up. your thoughts came back to langa, thinking of ways to get him not to go up against chinen or at least postpone the match. by the time you got to dope sketch though, the blue-haired boy was nowhere to be found. and it was already dark. oh gosh.

"umm, reki?" you lightly tapped the boy's shoulder to try and get his attention. he seemed a bit preoccupied with a skateboard he was working on, only turning to give you a quick smile before going back to fixing up the blue skateboard. "hi, y/n-! i'm just fixing up langa's skateboard before his match." reki quickly spoke before getting up to grab a screwdriver. "oh. so, uh... by any chance, is he, y'know, still here?" you tried, though you couldn't see him as you looked around the room. "oh, nope. langa's already waiting at S. if you wanted to convince him not to go, it'd kinda be too late now." reki chuckled, turning his attention back to the skateboard. "oh, man..." you sighed, and reki let out another light laugh in response. "c'mon, don't worry." he stood up, skateboard in hand. "least we can do is believe in him, right? you coming?"

you stared. 'reki really is a good friend' you thought, a small grin making its way to your face. "fine then, let's go cheer him on."

903 words

short chapter :( I'm sorry for not updating but I am definitely going to update next week :)