- 𝚞𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚍

º𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 2

- ✰ it'd take some time before that new skateboard was ready for you, so it looked like you had to stick with your old one for now. "guess i don't mind laying off S for a few weeks," you sighed. "what's S again?" amber turned to you, a look of confusion plastered onto her face. 'oh, shit-' you smacked yourself internally for your habit of saying things out loud. "oh, it's nothing, don't worry about it. hey amber, didn't you want me to show you that ollie?" you played it cool as you spoke, steering the conversation to another topic. "oh yeah, I totally forgot!" she exclaimed, excitedly running ahead of you to the old gym where most skaters hung out at your school. you sighed yet again before running off to catch up with her.

you both laid your stuff down in the gym, then headed to the girl's locker room to change into sportier clothes that were easier to move around in. of course, looking cute was important as well- and you certainly delivered with your cute jean shorts along with a light blue t-shirt you'd gotten a while back. "y/n, you look so cute in everything! tell me your secret!" amber whined, jumping at you and clinging onto your shoulders in a big hug. "ah- hey, amber- get off-" you wheezed and she pouted at you. "please- i'm-  choking...!" amber let go of you, scoffing as you exaggerated a dying cough. "oh, please." she tried to act mad but was unable to suppress a giggle at your antics. you smiled as well; it was okay to let loose like this sometimes.

the two of you left the locker room and you tapped amber on the shoulder as a signal that you were about to do that ollie she wanted to see. her eyes lit up in excitement and she nodded, a starting signal. you started off fast, then jumped, making sure that your dominant leg was higher than the other so you gained more air. as a result, that jump of yours was way higher than a usual ollie. "wow, that was... that was amazing... incredible...!" amber whispered as she dramatically wiped away her tears. "how does an ollie bring you to tears...?" you deadpanned.

"hold on, i'll be right back." you told amber and she responded heartily with an 'okay'. sighing, you went over to the other side of the gym to fill up your water bottle. as you looked around, you observed all those skateboarders practicing tricks, including amber. you turned to the wall next to you to reach for the water fountain, but you couldn't help but notice a boy about your age who was... looking at... you... "...chinen-kun?!?" you exclaimed. you had absolutely no idea that he went to your school: maybe you'd just never noticed or got close enough to see him before.

chinen was taken aback- he hadn't expected you to be there either. he only ever saw you at S, though he made an effort to avoid you most of the time. he became a bit flustered by your appearance; he'd never properly seen your face before since your hair was almost always covering it when you were at S. he didn't know what to do or say so he just turned away like he always did, though it was more out of awkwardness than anything.  'uhh... hey-"

"y/n!" you heard amber's voice call out, turning to see her running up to you both from the other side of the gym. "everything ok?" she asked, looking back and forth between you and chinen with a quizzical expression. "oh- uh..." you mumbled, but before you could muster up something to say, amber latched onto your arm and practically dragged you back to where you'd been practicing earlier. "why didn't you tell me you had a thing with miya chinen?? no- i mean- how do you know him???" amber pushed, but even you were surprised that you'd talked to him-- well, more like, you exchanged glances. you obviously couldn't utter a word about s, so dodging the question as a whole was probably the safest option. "i don't really know him... anyways, let's finish up practice before my dance class starts." you said to amber, patting her on the shoulder. she tilted her head but didn't have time to ask any more questions before you started practicing a few tricks.

though you should've been focused, your thoughts lingered on miya chinen. you didn't know if you disliked that guy or not. well, it's not like you enjoyed having your reputation at S effed up by him, but you couldn't say you hated him for that reason in particular. maybe what bothered you was how he turned your friendship down with no mercy- how he acted around you- like you didn't exist to him. it was safer to just avoid him at S, but...  you sighed. it wasn't the time to be thinking about these things, not when you had dance class right around the corner.

"sorry, amber. my dance class is starting, i gotta go." you apologized as sincerely as you could with the limited time you had, feeling guilty that you couldn't hang out with her for longer. "nope, it's ok, y/n! i understand, you have a busy schedule!" amber spoke happily with her usual smile. what a good friend. you flipped your board, catching it in a way where you could carry it. "oh, and make sure you say hi to josie for me, ok?" amber called out as you were grabbing your other stuff, waving goodbye. "i will," you shouted out to her from the door before it closed shut.

though seemingly calm to those inside of the gym, you booked it to the girl's locker room as soon as the door closed. you didn't have much time left before dance class and you needed to change into your leotard and tights. luckily, you managed to get to the studio on time. by foot. somehow. 'sheesh, that was exhausting...' you were practically on the verge of falling to your knees. compared to skating and dance, running was... not for you. "i'm surprised you actually made it." a familiar voice spoke. "hey, jo... sie... huff..." you panted, and she grabbed onto your hand to support you. you were too busy catching your breath to respond, nor thank her for keeping you from literally collapsing, but you managed to shoot a very weak smile her way, earning a giggle from josie. you tried to control your breath as you entered the studio.

class was finally over, and the first thing you did was check your phone. 'hm? a call from mom...' you quickly called back. it wouldn't be good to worry her. "mom? what's up?" "hey, y/n, sweetie- i'm sorry, i can't pick you up from school today. i have an important event to attend, and..." she trailed off. your mother was a professional skater who was constantly working, and it sucked to hear her sound sad. "oh- it's fine, mom, i promise. i know you're busy." you reassured her. "mm. ah, sorry, sweetie. i have to go now, but- tadashi is going to pick you up, alright? love you." your mom wished you love before hanging up the phone, and the small gesture made you smile to yourself. it was good to know when someone loved you. "phew, okay." you murmured to yourself. "let's get changed."

a limo was parked in front of the school, a tall man with dark hair and a stoic expression standing beside the door, waiting for you. "hey, tadashi!" you greeted him cheerfully as you walked up to him. "it's good to see you, miss y/n." tadashi responded, though he didn't sound very sincere, speaking in the same bland tone as usual. you stepped into the limo as tadashi sat in the drivers seat. "miss y/n, i must inform you that your grandmothers are currently upset with you." he stated, to which your cheery mood quickly dropped. but you didn't respond. you just stared out the window quietly, a frown on your face. it was never a good thing when your grandmothers got upset, especially when it came to you. 'i hope it's nothing too important...' you thought to yourself, a sigh escaping your mouth as the shindo mansion come into view.

1427 words

I am so sorry for the two week delay me and my editor were both very busy - other then that I hope you liked the chapter