- 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜?

º𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 3

you were beyond excited to pick up your new skateboard after school. luckily, you didn't have dance today which meant you got to test out the skateboard for the rest of the weekend. you grinned to yourself. "hey y/n?" you turned to the person beside you. "do you think we could game after school?" mia asked. "ah, sorry, i can't after school- maybe during the weekend? " you suggested, and she nodded quietly, seemingly not all that focused on you now.

you were currently walking to school with mia, probably the weirdest out of your friend group. you glanced over to her phone, noticing the rhythm game she was playing with cute idols in frilly dresses hopping around in the background as she hit the notes. mia played this game pretty frequently, even sometimes ranting to you about her favorite 'ships' and characters as you tried your best to listen.

you thought she'd stay silent for a while but her voice sprung up again. "hey, do you mind if i go with you and amber to the gym?" she asked, glancing at you for a moment before returning to the game. "oh, no, you can come!" you responded enthusiastically. "cool, i'll walk with you guys after school." she said, and if she wasn't completely focused before, she was now, because she was unconsciously walking ahead of you. you stared for a moment before lightly jogging after her.

you were happier at school today than usual, knowing that you'd have some extra time to spend with your friends. plus you'd be getting your new skateboard later, so that put you in an extra good mood. "amber, mia!" you called after your friends who were on their way to the gym together. "oh, y/n!-" you smiled at the two, but expressions of dread made their way to their faces. you blinked in confusion, but only a few moments after did you feel two hands clasp onto your shoulders. you flinched at the feeling before turning around slowly, greeted by the ghostly face of your friend. "did you really think i just wouldn't come if you didn't invite me...?" josephine spoke eerily, but the way she shook you back and forth was in more of a childish manner. "invite me next time." "s-sorry.." you heard amber giggling behind you and you could tell mia was holding in a laugh. you'd missed hanging out with your friends, they really were a chaotic bunch.

you'd been messing around in the gym for a while before a crew came in to get set up for an interview. " i heard they're setting up an interview with miya chinen!" amber kicked her legs back and forth in excitement as she sat down with her skateboard on her lap. "chinen...? doesn't he skate?" josephine asked. "errr, what's so great about him, again?" this wasn't much of a surprise from josephine; she'd never really been involved in sports. "he's a candidate for japan's national skateboarding team." you explained. "is that so?" she blinked. "that's impressive for someone his age-"

"the media loves catboys..." you heard mia murmer, an ominous look on her face for some reason. it was... best to ignore it... "ooooo-kay..." josephine raised a brow. amber on the other hand was bursting with excitement. you could always count on amber to relate to you when it came to all things skating-related. "come on, guys!! let's go and watch, he's about to start doing tricks!!" amber grabbed onto mia's wrist, expecting a small yelp from her, which did, in fact, come out. she grabbed onto yours as well, pulling you both down the stairs to get an up-close look while josephine stayed on the bleachers to watch from upstairs.

other skaters cleared out of the way so chinen could perform tricks for the camera. even though you went head to head with him before, you still hated to admit that he was pretty amazing at skating. you and many others around you watch in awe as chinen pulled off a handstand on his skateboard. "so cool...!" you heard amber as she was wiping her tears for some reason beside you.

as you were looking to the side of the area, you noticed a boy around chinen's age leaning with a board a arm, a devillish grin on their face. you suspiciously eyed the guy, then looking to the other side and noticing another boy in the same exact position. 'oh crap, they're gonna mess him up-' as you suspected, the skaters interrupted, kicking their bords in the area in an attempt to through chinen off. you tensed up a bit, but chinen managed to dodge the intrusion, jumping onto one of the other skateboards. it made him look way cooler. but you frowned a bit. even though it ended well for chinen, and although you didn't exactly like him... you had to say, it was pretty scummy of those two to try to mess him up in the first place.