TWENTY-THREE: MYRTLE'S BATHROOM

IT HAD BEEN TWO DAYS since Katie's disappearance. Rather, it had been two days since Katie had been mysteriously taken away by a stranger. Her friends had yet to find any sign of her, nor could they guess the identity of her saviour. In Hogwarts, the mood was glum as many heroes remained confused, wondering why their friends had been stolen from them.

"I mean I get why they would want to take Katie, but the others? It makes no sense," Harry said, slamming his fist onto the Gryffindor Table. The students sitting around him flinched.

"Perhaps they were in some sort of danger, too," Hermione suggested. Her homework was spread in front of her, allowing her to seek comfort in answers she did know. "But if they were taken away for their safety, why aren't they back by now?"

The Brightest Witch of Her Age chewed on a sugar quill. The stress of the missing cases made her temporarily forget about her parents' dislike for sweet foods. "Perhaps saving Katie was a front. There may be more to their reasoning for taking her."

Harry frowned. "This is all my fault! Why did the Eidolons choose me?!"

"'Cause you're the Boy Who Lived, man, they want someone powerful," Travis said, appearing behind the pair of stressed-out Gryffindors. Hermione glanced up nervously. A cold feeling washed over— despite being out in the open in the Great Hall, it bothered her greatly that she was accompanied by two Eidolons.

"And it's not your fault, Harry," she reassured once again, her voice expressing discomfort. "We can discuss more when Percy and Annabeth are around."

The Potter boy looked down. He stared at his food. "Let's meet somewhere secluded. Myrtle's bathroom straight after lessons."

Travis nodded. "I'll tell Percy and Annabeth to come. See you then."

"See you."

A few hours after they had arranged plans, Hermione and Harry made their way to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. Thankfully, the ghost herself was absent from the area, and they could meet up without her interference.

"The others are running late," Hermione noted, tapping her foot on the ground. Anticipation was overflowing her thoughts.

"Don't worry, he'll come," Harry said with a chill to his tone. She raised an eyebrow— she couldn't help but notice that Harry kept looking away, avoiding eye-contact.

"Only Travis? We agreed that Percy and Annabeth would be here too."

At that exact moment, the door flew open, revealing the looming figure of Travis Stoll. She paled.

He was alone.

"Travis..." Hermione started slowly, her hands balling into fists, "Where are the others?"

The Son of Hermes had golden eyes. "They won't be coming."

Gripping her wand tightly, she surveyed her surroundings. "I can take two of you," she said, but even she was unsure of whether that was the truth or not.

Travis smirked— a sign of malice rather than his usual mischief. "I'd like to see you try."

The three of them lashed into battle— two possessed spirits against Hogwarts' most renown heroine. Both wizard and demigod pulled out a weapon of their own kind, unfazed as spells were reflected against celestial bronze.

Amidst the fight, Hermione was slowly backed into a corner, held hostage by sword and magic. She had a wand in her hand, but what good would it do in an outnumbered fight? She couldn't hurt Harry with severe spells, and she couldn't point a blade to Travis' torso.

"Help!" she called out, just as Travis threw a punch at her and knocked her wand out of her fingers. But, similar to how her words of plea were left unfulfilled, her need for assistance was not satisfied.

"No one can help you now," Harry said to his best friend. His mind told him not to attack, but he was helpless in his own actions, and was forced to watch his mouth utter incantations that would hurt Hermione.

He couldn't control his own words, and he hoped that someone would prove the Eidolon wrong; there was someone out there who could help her, and he wished that they would come soon.

"You can't retaliate forever," Travis said knowingly. What he did not know, on the other hand, was that a pair of dark eyes was watching them from outside the bathroom.

And they belonged to a certain Slytherin.

A drastic change in scenery would be the transition from Hermione fighting for her life in Myrtle's bathroom to Percy and Annabeth hanging out by the Black Lake.

Anyway, Percy loved a lot of things. He loved the fact that he and Annabeth were together, and that they could finally spend time together outside of the Argo II.

Looking around, he took in the fact that his girlfriend was lying on his lap with a book in her hands, the both of them relaxing by the Black Lake, appreciating their time spent together. He loved the weak sunshine that would glow past Scotland's clouds, the giant squid that would insult or compliment him based on its mood that day, and he loved Blaise— wait, Blaise?

"What are you doing here?" Percy said, making a face. He had definitely not expected to see the Slytherin boy approach him and for him to disrupt his train of thoughts.

"Thank Merlin I found you guys," Blaise panted. He was uncharacteristically out of breath. "I need to tell you something."

Annabeth sat up. She seemed confused by Blaise's sudden arrival, and she wasn't often confused. "Okay, tell us."

He snorted. "You'd think that the promise of important information would wipe that expression off your face."

"It's—" Percy shook his head— apparently no one in Hogwarts understood the concept of a resting bitch face. "Nevermind. Continue."

Blaise smirked, cocky as always. "Right, so. Are you aware that Stoll and Potter's turned on Granger?"

"What?" Percy stood. A pen slipped out of his pocket and into his hand, mildly confusing their smug informant.

"You heard me. I was walking past Myrtle's bathroom and Granger seemed scared out of her wits! And Potter's eyes weren't green, which is strange. They're supposed to be green, you know, Malfoy insults them all the time."

"Gold." Annabeth was already taking out her dagger. "They were golden, weren't they? Harry's been possessed! We need to help Hermione, now!"

A/N: apologies if this chapter was kinda bad,, it took me really long to write because i was unhappy with the amount of dialogue. nonetheless, i'll be trying to update more! school's starting soon so i'll probably start writing more frequently to avoid my actual responsibilities LMAO i hope all of u have a nice day <3 it would also help a lot if you guys could vote and comment!