TWENTY-FIVE: THE QUESTION OF MURDER

WINTER HAD ARRIVED. The dim sun stayed for shorter periods of time during the day, leaving the students of Hogwarts to bathe in what little left of sunlight there was.

However, sat under a large pine tree (which Percy insisted on sitting by) and huddled up in a circle, Harry, Hermione and Blaise waited in half patience as the demigods tried to sort out their words.

"You don't have to tell us if you don't want to," Hermione assured after a while, seeing as her fellow friends were beginning to look conflicted. But who was she kidding? She couldn't resist her curiosity either.

Percy snorted. "What use would it be, keeping a secret that is barely hidden? You're one step away from figuring it out, so we might as well tell you."

His green eyes found Annabeth's. Together, they seemed to come to the silent agreement that telling the truth was the best option here. Plus, they needed to let Blaise, an actual demigod, know the meaning behind his past, and parentage.

"Okay, then you can tell us," Harry said, lifting his spectacles up the bridge of his nose. "We won't tell anyone."

Travis, who was formerly playing with the grass blades beneath his feet, sat up straighter. Even though the demigods wanted to tell the truth, he couldn't help but feel kinda bad that he was one of the people who had forced them to come to this decision.

Percy's chest rose and fell with his hesitant breath.

"We're demigods."

When the wizards finally spoke, their reactions had not been the kind the demigods had anticipated.

"No shit," Hermione said, leaning back. She seemed relieved that the only piece of news was that they were children of Greek gods.

"W-why aren't you surprised?" Travis spluttered, seemingly shocked out of his wits.

"Blaise literally got claimed by Aphrodite thirty minutes ago!" Harry exclaimed. Pointing at the dark-skinned boy, his breath hitched a little when he fully took in the newfound beauty of that dumb Slytherin. "Of course we would know."

"So we won't get in trouble for revealing our secret too early," Percy said, puffing out his chest a little. "We can tell Chiron it's Aphrodite's fault."

Blaise remained silent. He did not defend his mother, nor did he acknowledge his claiming.

"Chiron," Hermione repeated. The gears in her head was beginning to spin, processing information quicker than all her other friends. "You guys said he was the activities director at your old camp. But that isn't the case, is it?"

She was mumbling more to herself now, eyebrows knitted together in concentration. When she finally figured out the whole truth, she snapped her fingers in victory and took the responsibility of explaining everything to her wizarding friends.

"Chiron was a wise mentor to many Greek heroes. Eidolons are possessive spirits from Greek mythology. You're all strong and know how to use weapons." Something in her eyes held the attention of the people around her. It was a glorious thing to see— humans were creatures of curiosity, but Hermione Granger was almost reaching the level of Athena's own children. "The camp you go to trains demigods to be heroes. Chiron is still alive, somehow, and he teaches you. Wow. May I meet him?"