『CARETAKER』

"NOW YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO ENROLL INTO THE ACADEMY

"NOW YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO ENROLL INTO THE ACADEMY."

Academy?

"That's fine," Y/N replied calmly.

But on the inside Y/N was excited her training had taken up so much time and she wasn't able to react with many kids her age. Now she would be surrounded by kids!

"Your trainer will teach you some basic jutsus, and physical combat as well." The Hokage explained.

'What's justsu? Wait did he say, PHYSICAL,' Y/N said with a troubled look on her face.

"Don't worry child, you won't have to face many dangers as a ninja. Well, not when you're starting out at least.

"Ok," she said with a raised eyebrow, not entirely convinced.

"Ah, one more thing," the Hokage said trailing off.

"Is something wrong," Y/N said, noticing how his tone dropped.

"Well, the world has forgotten about you, the Avatar that is, and it might be best if you don't use your-uh, abilities... Many people won't understand and they'll be afraid."

Y/N was taken aback, no one had ever been afraid of her.

"Why?"

The Hokage looked away, not sure how to respond. Even though she was an almighty being he was still put off by her childish curiosity.

"In this world, you'll find that the greater the power the more it is feared."

Y/N looked down at her lap, unsure of how to feel. One, she was disheartened by the fact that she could scare people by something she had no choice over. And another part of her was mildly annoyed, why should she be ashamed of something that was an extrme honor.

They stayed there in a comfortable silence. Just as Y/N was going to open her mouth, the door slid open.

Y/N's eyes snapped over to the man, observing him.

"You summoned me Lord Third?"

"Ah, yes."

The Hokage turned to the young girl.

"Y/N this is Kakashi Hatake."

"He'll be taking care of you."

Y/N looked over at the Hokage surprised, and as she looked over at the man he seemed to be as well.

"Lord Hokage, I hardly think it would be appropriate! Sensei is one thing, but I don't think, no I know-can't she stay with Kurenai," he asked a bit flustered.

"Kakashi," Hiruzen began. "I chose you for a reason, I think it would be beneficial for you both." He pulled out his pipe before saying, "You're welcome to stay or wait outside until after the doctor finishes." Quickly finishing the conversation, he turned to look at Y/N, "Good luck Y/N. You're welcome to visit any time." And with that he left. Y/N and a certain Hatake watching him walk away.

'I don't think she know's it yet, but she's going to need Hatake. Especially if they find out about her,' Hiruzen thought as he smoked his pipe, leaving in his wake many unanswered questions.

-

Y/N watched as the doctor emitted strange green light from her hands, hovering her hands over Y/N's arms. She had already removed Y/N's bandages from her. Y/N remembered with a giggle how Kakashi has speedily left when the doctor said they needed to start on her back.

"Well they've healed," she said, with what Y/N noticed, was a suprised tone. They'll leave some scars. But they're healed."

"So," Y/N said drawing out the word, hoping that this meant what she thought it meant.

"MS. L/N YOU'RE FREE TO GO."