『WANDERING』

Y/N ADMIRED THE SCENERY OF KONOHA AS SHE AND KAKASHI WALKED SIDE BY SIDE

She had never seen such beautiful flowers before.

'I wonder if there are flowers like these in the Spirit World,' Y/N thought with a smile.

All the while, Kakashi kept glancing at the teenager beside him. They had been walking in silence since they had left the hospital. Neither of them knew what to say to each other.

"So, you're really the Avatar?"

Y/N bristled at the question.

"How did you know?"

Instead of answering he pulled out a scroll, then said, "Lord Hokage sent me this."

Y/N didn't reply, and studied the man beside her. He was very unusual. His hair was white and looked like it had been airbended into it's strange position. She could only see a small part of his face, the lower half was concealed by a blue mask and his right eye was concealed by a headband with a metal plate, having a strange symbol.

Y/N's mind flashed back to the scroll.

'It had that mark too!'

"What? Is there something on my face?"

The girl tore her gaze away from him as she left the question hanging in the air.

"You're not much of a talker are you," the man asked.

Suddenly, the teenager stopped.

"Can we not do the awkward small talk thing? Besides I'm not even sure I can," but noticing something she stopped.

Kakashi topped as well, his eyes following her line of sight. He was met with the sight of a colorful booth, promoting all kinds of sweet treats.

He turned his eyes to the girl, her eyes were brighter and her lips had curved into a smile, then she walked over to the booth.

He followed her and watched as she fluttered from treat to treat.

"Do you like sweets?"

"Who doesn't," she exclaimed. But her smile faltered a bit as she said, "My mom and I used to go to this one sweet shop all the time before I got busy with training."

He watched as she admired some dorayaki.

'I guess it wouldn't hurt, just this once...' Kakashi thought.

Turning to the vendor he said,"May we have two dorayaki's please?"

The vendor happily abliged and put them in a bag. Y/N just stared at Kakashi, feeling bewildered.

Kakashi gently took the bag from the vendor and then handed the bag to Y/N. He took out some money from his pocket and handed it to the vendor.

"Keep the change," he said with what Y/N could only assume was a smile.

They pair turned and began to walk away from the booth.

Y/N reached her hand into the bag and pulled one of the dorayaki's out. She took a bite out of it.

"Oh, wow!"

Kakashi peered at the girl, who was happily munching away at her treat. Catching his eye, her cheeks grew hot in embarrassment. Slowly, she held the bag out towards him. Kakashi stared at the bag.

"Don't you want one," she said as she raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not really a fan of sweets."

"Both of these are mine?"

"If you want them, although it would be a shame if I bought them and you didn't eat them both," he said closing his
eyes-or eye...?

She looked at him for a while, and then gave him a warm smile.

"Thank you!"

Kakashi's felt a bit flustered he wasn't expecting such a warm response, due to her less than warm responses earlier.

"You're welcome."

They continued walking and every so often Y/N emitted little hms of happiness as she ate her dorayaki.

Suddenly Kakashi stopped in front of a large building, Y/N assumed it was an apartment complex.

'So this is where he lives,' Y/N thought with a raised eyebrow.

He turned toward the girl, trying to gage her reaction.

"It's nice."

He smiled and gestured for her to follow him.

"Come on we have to get you situated."

They began to walk towards the building.

______

Kakashi unlocked a door, and then opened it.

"Welcome to your new home," he said lamely.

Y/N scanned her new surroundings. The apartment seemed empty, almost as if no one was living there. It only had some basic furniture, very unlike Y/N's home.

'If it's still the same,' she thought with a frown.

Kakashi's voice broke her thoughts,"It's probably not as glamorous as your old h-"

"No! This is fine! I...like it. Really," she said, trying to reassure him. She stepped into the apartment and immediately turned to him.

"Where am I going to sleep?"

Kakashi walked into the apartment, going down a hallway, Y/N following closely behind. He turned to a door and opened it, gesturing for Y/N to come in.

There was a bed in the center of the room, with a large tapestry behind it, bearing the same symbol from Kakashi's headband. There was a bookshelf next to the bed holding one lamp. And a window, which Y/N noticed, streamed sunlight directly on the window.

"Tomorrow we'll go and buy you some clothes," Kakashi said.

"But I'm fine with the clothes I have on."

"Yes, but you'll be needing new clothes."

"Why?"

"BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO BEGIN TRAINING SOON."