Chapter 2- Pt 1. The hunt

I had to be heedfully aware when I chose my victim. I carefully scanned the occupants of the packed run down shed that was now used as this towns market. I noticed I wasn't the only one looking for food as I spotted an amazingly built, tan woman with hair so bleached it almost looked white fluttering her sea blue eyes at a small, eagerly flirty guy. I held back the urge to roll my eyes. Typical, I mouthed to myself. Believe it or not  guys would still try to fuck anything that walked. Even if it didn't have the power of hypnotization, but that usually worked out in our favor so I couldn't complain.
If he'd payed any attention at all he'd have realized that this beautiful woman was not as human as she seemed. Her unusual tallness, hair that in no way matched her appearance and the teardrop shaped pendent around her neck gave that away. She was Ziekte grua - diseased woman. One kiss from her would drain almost all life out of him, leaving him to walk a confused and almost brain dead like state for the rest of his life. Much worse he'd develope nasty iridescent sores, plaguing anything or anyone he touched and leading their scent straight back to her.
He'd be easy prey for anyone but I didn't dare try to steal him. Ziekte's appearance wasn't a trick of the eye. Her kind were built that way for a reason. She was not only a temptress, or a spreader of disease. She possessed brute superhuman strength, and was born with hereditary fighting skills, and besides. Unlike most I hid what I was. I was ashamed at what I'd been forced to become. So I didn't want to cause a scene. Pretty soon he'd be nothing but a walking corpse. An empty shell of what he was only kept alive to bring her more prey.
   I trailed again and found a heavy built guy with dusty blonde hair sitting at a feeders table alone. He had a long scar across his cheek and was happily chomping on some type of unrecognizable mystery meat on a stick. I could get one for myself. But I had shoved away my thirst for too long and it would only dilute the pain for half the day at best. So I pushed past the small crowd of people between me and his table and took my seat in the empty chair in front of him. "So did they say what the meat was today or just write it off as 'seasoned flesh' again?" I asked with a smile. To which he ... rolled his eyes and released an annoyed huff through his mouth full of food. Well. This was gonna be a tad bit harder than I assumed.