Chapter 2 part 2- Succubus.

Man, that guy was really a dick. After about 20 minutes of making a fool out of myself trying to make friendly small talk, he finally got annoyed to the point of showing me the small hand gun attached to his waist and verbally telling me to fuck off. I guess some people were just loners and liked their own space. I wasn't about to actually give it to him though. In a place like this you walked on eggshells, it wasn't exactly somewhere you came to meet new people. It was just the closest I could find to whip up some grub. It would be suspicious to walk up to someone else's table, and besides, I could feel the pains starting to come back. The last thing I wanted was to be knocked off my feet for seemingly no reason. People here wouldn't even take the time to ask me what happened, they'd either assume what I was or assume me as sick. Both of which got you shot in this day in age. 

I had one more trick up my sleeve to win him over, though it wasn't exactly a trick I used often or enjoyed for that matter. I hated using my powers, hell I didn't even want them to begin with, but they did come in handy when I was this hungry. So, I used my ruby ring, the only thing of any value I had on my person, to buy two questionable looking bottles of sweet tea. A rarity, seeing as though sugar was so hard to come by now a days. I moved slowly back to his table, being cautious to make sure no one saw as I pricked a finger on a fang and let the blood slide into his bottle. The instant the liquid touched his lips he wouldn't be able to take his eyes off of me. Seduction was a nasty way to get a meal in my opinion, but I didn't really have much more of a choice left.  "I brought this as a peace offering, I think it's sweetened with honey but I could've sworn the lady said sugar. Listen mister, I won't bother you too much I promise. I just need a place to sit and drink my tea, we don't have to talk if you don't want to but everywhere else is full." I slid the bottle across the table and held my breath hoping he'd take it. To my surprise, he loosened up and let go of the tension he had in his shoulders. "Yeah thanks, I almost forgot sugar was a thing. Can't remember the last time I had something sweet," I smiled and stayed quiet, slowly sipping on my own drink as I waited in anticipation for him to start on his. I could almost hear every artery, pushing blood through every vein. I held my breath and tried not to stare as he brought the drink up to his lips and quickly chugged the entire thing in a few swigs. I watched as his eyes went blank for a second and he zoned out. He turned slowly and looked at me, mumbling something under his breath before he finally said what I had been waiting for. "Ya know darling, I was kind of harsh in the beginning, but it seems as though I have an itch maybe you could scratch. You wanna go somewhere a little more.... private?"  I finished my drink and licked my lips before smiling at him, "I know just the place. Lets go, pretty boy."

He trailed my heels like a small puppy as I led him to the small empty brick house, miles away from my library spot. I chose a different spot to feed every time. Sticking to one place as a feeding ground could bring predatory monsters like sabors on my trail. Nasty things they were. Their main food source was us vamps, and not because it had to be. They just enjoyed torturing us. Liked the way we screamed when their venom hit our bloodstream. I had the displeasure of watching one feed once. I hate my kind, but I wouldn't wish death by sabor on my most hated enemy. I looked back again to make sure he was still following. I was thankful for my powers sometimes, even though I hated them with every inch of my being, they kept me alive in times like this. Without my seduction power, I may have had to knock him out and fly him here. Which would be extremely difficult seeing as he looked to be nearly 200lbs of nothing but muscle. 

 I led him inside and to the very back room, farthest away from the front of the house. It was a tiny room with a small window that barely let any light in at all. "Woah," he exclaimed as we entered. "I haven't seen a bed in this good of condition in forever." I could tell he wanted to sleep. He looked exhausted. I almost thought it was enough to pull him from my spell, but was quickly proven wrong when he grabbed me hard by the hair and nearly stuck his tongue down my throat. I held my breath and stiffled down a gag, this guy really  reeked. I tried not to think about when the last time he washed off was, and pushed him back onto the bed. "Easy, pretty boy. We wouldn't want anyone to get hurt," I toyed with him as I climbed on top of him straddling him.  He wrapped his arms around my waist and waited, I'm guessing for me to take something off. I wouldn't go that far unless I had to. "Oh? And how exactly would I get hurt by a pretty thing like you?" he sighed and drug his tongue up the base of my neck and I shivered. I hated being touched like this. I leaned down and whispered, "Well, you're about to find out." As I plunged my teeth into his neck.  Tears streamed down my face as I fed, bearing down all my weight as he screamed and thrashed, I finally administered the part of my venom that would paralyze him and he went still. I stiffled a sob and tried not to watch the life fade from his eyes as I satisfied my hunger. I really hated this life.