A Descent Into Purgatory part I

Y/n POV-

'Fuck my wings are aching more than I anticipated. How long has it even been, maybe they were just trying to scare me into submission. This Proctor person might not even be coming'

But of course it was in that moment that the now oh so familiar sound of the creaking door announced the presence of the person you were dreading to meet.

'I really have to stop jinxing myself'

You opened your eyes looking straight to finally meet this so called Proctor. But you were even more surprised to find the eyes of a young man.

He stood tall with a solid build while his appearance was more than average.
He looked young but possibly older than you. With his straight raven black hair that just about covered his eyes in the front, and from what you could see his eyes appeared a vibrant amethyst.

He was dressed in black from head to toe. Black designer shoes, an all black suit, a black watch, even his stud earrings appeared to be black diamond.

'Great they brought some prick, a slightly attractive one but still a prick. This has got to be interesting'

"I will take that as a compliment and yes I agree this will be highly interesting" The man bellowed stepping slowly into the light. His voice was smooth, baritone but also rambunctious as if he was a viper bewitching it's prey as it decides when to strike.

'Did I say that out loud' you pondered looking at the male in front of you. "You did not Y/n. You don't mind if I call you Y/n right I can call you Ms. L/n if you prefer" he said crossing his arms as he walked in front of you.

'There is no way it's like he's-'

"Reading your mind" the male sneered putting his hands in his pocket as he leaned forward leaving his face right in front of yours.

'Cheeky asshole' you scowled looking into his amethyst eyes.

"Not an asshole Y/n, I am simply that of a Proctor of Hell"

"Is that supposed to mean something to me, because all I've heard so far is crap from some deranged little bitch who thinks he's special" you taunted leaning towards him.

"On the contrary Y/n, I'm not special. I am simply here to ensure the avenging of those who deserve such. It is simply what must be done"

"Yes because calling yourself the Proctor of Hell entails just the right job description for so called avenging" you scoffed tilting your head back to look away from him.

"All in due time" the male sighed standing straight. "Oh and I almost forgot, I do apologize for this as I despise messes but I simply must" he said grabbing your hair and forcing you to look at him.

He balled his fairly sizeable hand into a fist and drew it back. You immediately shut your eyes as his fist connected with your face. He seemed to have no aim in particular as his dense knuckles repeatedly made sharp contact with your face.

That was until you heard the faint echo of a hollow thud in your head. Your ears rung as you tried to make sense of it but when you finally regained your composure you quickly realized that the so called Proctor had stopped his barrage of punches.