Chapter 21: the challenge begins, and a great relief.

Leila: Sensei, get up. Mister AI said miss Polt will be getting up.

Sam lifted his head up and rubbed his eyes, he rubbed her head with a thumb. Sam stood up and stretched, Fiona and Laila flew up and landed on his shoulders.

Fiona: what will happen when miss Polt wakes up?

Sam: she will have to be rehabilitated so she can walk without the use of crutches.

Leila: is rehabilitation somewhere a person goes to get better?

Sam: it's where someone goes to fully get off drugs, or to get back into shape after a severe injury.

Sam looked at the monitor and smiled, Polt was about to wake up.

Leila: Sensei, what does miss Polt have to do to get better?

Sam: any exercise involving that affected group of muscle to make it stronger.

The three watched Polt slowly awake, Sam had to resist the urge to smother her in affection and cry.

Polt: where am I? Why am I hooked up to an IV?

Sam: while you were out on a jog you stepped on a landmine, it almost took your leg off so don't push yourself right now.

Polt looked horrified, she checked her leg. The burns had turned to scabs thanks to the healing gel, stitches marked the center of her injury.

Sam: did that all myself, the hospital would've amputated your leg because of how many nerves were damaged. But by the fact of you making faces everytime you move the leg, I did better.

Polt looked at him in shock.

Polt: you did something a surgeon did? But from what Zombina said you were very good and stitching, reattaching veins and arteries is something I didn't expect out of you.

Sam: I've had to stitch together me and my siblings more time than I can count before I met you, along with other things. When you go to the bathroom it's going to hurt for a few days, found several pieces of shrapnel imbedded in that area.

Polt slowly got off of the examination table, Sam helped her to where she wanted to go. She hobbled up the stairs, her right leg almost limp as she walked. Sam could hear her breath hitch everytime she moved her right leg, he left her in a sports bra and a pair of shorts that were too tight for him. The souls of her feet slapped the wooden floor as Sam put her in the living room, she was gently set on the couch and Sam left to make breakfast.

Polt: rehab is going to be hard, but at least Sam will help me.

Smith: good to see you're finally awake.

Polt: thanks, it's good to be back.

The two talked about some things as Sam made breakfast, the two maid's now feeling better entered the kitchen with the intention of making breakfast. They were shocked to see Sam cooking shirtless with his now shoulder length hair tied back.

Sam: morning you two, go wake up the others and have a seat in the dining room.

Beth and Victoria nodded with slight confusion and major arousal at the sight of their master's scarred and ripped body. 

(Remember, Sam wore the device on his wrist so he wasn't confused for a polled minotaur. AKA a hornless one.)

Smith: we feeling special today?

Sam: coffees going, and no. Just feeling a little hot today, not trying to turn any of you girls on. Although all I need is to say a few words for that to happen.