« 3 2 »

"so, you're telling us that jungwon wasn't really the target of those armed-men yesterday, sirs?", jay asked the two policemen infront of them.

it was the next day already, and the said policemen came to the hospital to visit and interrogate jungwon.

"yes, mr. park", the man answered. "that's the latest conclusion of our investigation. we can't say that mr. jungwon park was the main target of those men, since he's not the only student that got shot. there was also two other civilians that was shot, and even died last night during that public acquaintance party", he explained.

jungwon, who is sitting on the bed, was shocked. he didn't expect that someone would really die because of the incident last night.

they were just having fun, for freak's sake. then, those men came and ruined the party-and even ruined someone's life.

"latest? does that mean that there would be another investigation?", jay asked again.

"yes. we're going to do a follow-up investigation quickly, until this case was finally closed."

jay nodded. "thank you, sirs!", then, he and jungwon bowed.

the policemen did the same. "alright, mr. jay park and mr. jungwon park, we're leaving now. thank you for your cooperation, goodbye", that was the last thing that the man said, before both of them left the room.

"hyung, why do you believe that i was the target of those men yesterday?", jungwon asked his husband-who's preparing their lunch this time.

"because you were really the target, jungwonie. there was this 'mr. nam'-guy that's behind all of these happenings", jay explained as he placed the younger's food on the bedtable. "your food is hot this time, unlike the food that you ate at 2AM earlier", he joked, referring to the unheated food that he gave to jungwon when he woke up.

the younger didn't say anything. he just remained silent while looking at the food infront of him.

"hey, are you okay? what's the problem?", the older asked his husband.

"n-nothing. it's just that, 'mr. nam' rings a bell", jungwon answered, still not moving his food.

"ni-ki told me that there's a teacher that they call 'mr. nam' in your school. maybe that's what you're thinking", jay said. "i'll feed you up, then."

"no!", jungwon shouted, making jay confused.

"huh? you don't want to be fed up?"

"no! i mean, i like to eat, but i remembered something. i was just eight years old when my real father died. after he was gone, my mom had a new partner, and his surname was 'nam'. he left my mom after he realized that she was just using him to raise me, since we really financially-struggled before. to tell you, he was such an ass. he always hurt my mom before. he's something close to a psychopath, i can say", jungwon explained, frowning.

"then, is he the 'mr. nam' on your school?", jay asked.

"i'm not really sure. i've never seen that teacher before, but i've heard a lot of things about him, though", the younger answered.

"there's a chance that he was also your former step-father. it makes sense, though. he must be observing you there. then last night, he had the chance to attack you, and ordered some men to hurt you", jay concluded. "what do you think?"

"aish, hyung, you're scaring me!", jungwon shouted. "but, you're right, it does make sense. i just don't get why he would that. it's been almost ten years already since we lost connection with him", he said.

"you said that he's close to a psychopath, right? then, he must be really crazy. there's a huge possibility that he's doing that to get revenge", the older said.

jungwon paused for a moment, before his eyes widened. "revenge? hyung, if he targeted me already last night, then my mom is his next targer if we're right! i have to call my mom!"

jungwon dialled his mom's phone number using his phone from the bedside table. the line rang, but no one picked up. he tried and tried, but he was always sent to the voice message part.

"hyung, she's not answering my calls", jungwon said as he tries to call his mother again. he's visibly scared.

"i'll call mom and dad. i'll tell them to say here with you, since i can't leave you alone. i'm going to visit your mom's house to check if she's alright, okay? don't worry, jungwonie", jay hugged his husband before he called his parents as he said.

soon enough, mr. and mrs. park came and immediately comforted jungwon.

they also reminded their son to take care and to be safe. they didn't let jay go without anyone with him, that's why they made him bring some bodyguards as his protection.

after jay knew the address of jungwon's mom, he eventually left the hospital, with the bodyguards with him.

they drove their cars until they reached the address. soon, jay and the bodyguards were infront of the front door already.

"mom, are you there? it's me, jay", jay said, before he knocked on the door-no, he wasn't able to knock on the door, since the moment his fist touch the door's surface, it opened.

"sir, we're going in first. it might be dangerous inside", one of the guards said. jay just nodded, then the some of his men went inside the house.

after a few moments, jay went inside as well. the house was dark. not a single light was opened.

they roamed inside the house, until they reached the woman's room.
jay was the one who first entered the room this time and he regretted that.

why? because he immediately saw his mother-in-law on her room's floor, covered by blood and bruises.

"mom!", jay shouted as he ran beside the woman. he slightly shaked her body to wake her up.

unfortunately, she didn't respond.

-

| vote | comment | follow |

???????