Chapter 34

Michael wandered happily out of his math class, because that was enough of numbers and problems he hardly understood for the day. Or for the year, for that matter, but at least it was Friday and he was going to have a weekend to relax and not have to completely think about school. He headed towards his locker, sighing because his next class wasn't going to be any better. He pulled the textbook he needed out and put away his math one before shutting the locker, but that's when he almost screamed. Gavin was standing there, looking a bit baffled as to why Michael was closing to just having a heartache.

“Fucking hell, Gavin; don't do that to me,” Michael told him, taking a deep breath to steady himself.

Gavin merely smirked at him as he took a step forward. “Sorry, love. I didn't mean to scare you,” and as he spoke, with that soft voice, he wrapped his arm around Michael's waist to pull him closer.

Michael's eyebrows twitched together, but he couldn't help but smile at the way Gavin was looking at him, like he was seeing him for the first time in a whole new light. It was actually pretty flustering that Michael averted his eyes after a moment. Gavin leaned in closer to say something when they heard someone utter, “Oh, my bad.” Michael immediately pulled away from Gavin to find Blaine standing in front of them, looking lost and as red as Michael felt.

“Oh, uh, I didn't mean to interrupt or anything,” Blaine started sputtering out, “I was, uh, I was not looking, and I just kind of... wow, okay. I'm sorry,” He turned to walk away, but Michael reached out and grabbed his wrist.

“Nothing was going on, so you're fine, Blaine,” he assured him. Gavin furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Michael, but Michael wasn't paying him any attention.

“Are you sure?” Blaine asked slowly, looking back and forth between the two of them and noticing the blatant unamused look on Gavin's face.

Michael nodded. “Yeah, Gav and I were just talking.”

Blaine raised an eyebrow questioningly, but when he faced Gavin again and saw him glaring, he sighed.

“I'm gonna go,” he said, specifically to Michael, “You say I didn't interrupt anything, but I feel like I really did, and I feel bad, so...” Blaine smiled at him before turning away and heading off down the hall. Michael rolled his eyes and turned to Gavin, but Gavin was already beginning to walk away, or at least try to.

“Where the fuck are you going?” Michael asked.

“Away from you since it's obvious you don't want to be seen with me.”

“Shut up! That's not even true.”

Gavin completely stopped moving and turned around. “Oh, it's not?” He asked, raising his eyebrows. “It sure did look like you hated the fact that Blaine caught us together. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you. It's okay, though, Michael. I don't know what I was expecting anyway.” He was ready to storm off, but he felt Michael grabbing his arm and pulling him back. He looked back at him to say something, but he immediately forgot what that “something” was the second Michael's lips were on his. He tilted his head and just about to kiss back when Michael pulled away.

Gavin furrowed his eyebrows and Michael held up a finger, pointing it at him.

“Don't you ever fucking think that you embarrass me, okay?” Judging by the bitter tone in his voice, Gavin knew he was being more serious than ever. He merely nodded as a response and Michael smiled at him. Then Gavin leaned in a little, his eyes focused on Michael's mouth, and Michael kept the smile on his face as the peck grazed his lips.

“See you in class later?” Gavin asked, his voice quiet.

“Of course.”